Trivia Night

[2009-06-07 21:39:40] * Sorts returns to the breakroom after another long day in the superverse.
[2009-06-07 21:39:43] <Heiden_DM> It's the break room as usual, folks. Do your thing.
[2009-06-07 21:40:00] * Gerald is already sitting on a chair in the break room.
[2009-06-07 21:40:06] =-= LBD is now known as Dumount
[2009-06-07 21:40:08] * Doctor_Light limps in on a pair of crutches.
[2009-06-07 21:40:18] * Dumount walks in next to Light
[2009-06-07 21:40:22] * Gerald raises an eyebrow as Light walks in.
[2009-06-07 21:40:23] * Rights is sitting around in the breakroom, half-asleep.
[2009-06-07 21:40:24] * Rath is napping in a break room chair
[2009-06-07 21:40:28] <Gerald> "What happened to you?"
[2009-06-07 21:40:35] * Dumount is helping with Lights' leg
[2009-06-07 21:40:51] * Lurker is curled up around Rights' feet happily, purring.
[2009-06-07 21:40:51] <Sorts> "Are you alright, Doctor Light?"
[2009-06-07 21:41:06] <Doctor_Light> "CI guy shot me."
[2009-06-07 21:41:17] <Sorts> "So that's who was in the site earlier?"
[2009-06-07 21:41:21] <Doctor_Light> "I'm fine now, though."
[2009-06-07 21:41:26] <Gerald> "Huh."
[2009-06-07 21:41:35] <Doctor_Light> "Yeah. And, uh, 173 escaped, but I think it's back in place now."
[2009-06-07 21:41:44] <Gerald> "Wow, really?"
[2009-06-07 21:41:45] * Doctor_Light sits down
[2009-06-07 21:41:48] <Gerald> "Huh."
[2009-06-07 21:41:55] * Agent_Strelnikov walks back into the break room, looking slightly haggard and worse for the wear. A cigarette droops from his mouth, like last time.
[2009-06-07 21:42:29] <Gerald> "Evening, Dmitri."
[2009-06-07 21:42:31] <Doctor_Light> "It's true. Yoric… I forget what he did, I think he put his fake eye in front of it so that it couldn't move."
[2009-06-07 21:42:36] * Sorts has a seat and tries to shuffle some index cards, he fails at this horribly. "Grrr, c'mon, I just practiced this."
[2009-06-07 21:42:44] <Doctor_Light> "It's kind of a stupid statue. Hi, Dmitri."
[2009-06-07 21:42:47] * Lurker nuzzles up against Rights' leg.
[2009-06-07 21:43:10] <Sorts> "That statue is hideous, I would hate to meet the bastard who created it."
[2009-06-07 21:43:15] * Rights twitches a little, feet out of her shoes, poking Lurker with her toes and yawning.
[2009-06-07 21:43:19] <Gerald> "Created?"
[2009-06-07 21:43:25] * Lurker purrs a bit louder. "Tired, Doctor?"
[2009-06-07 21:43:33] <Sorts> "Statues aren't born."
[2009-06-07 21:43:42] <Rights> "Mm? Mm…not tired. M'not…"
[2009-06-07 21:43:45] <Doctor_Light> "I think I wouldn't mind meeting the creator, just so I could kill him."
[2009-06-07 21:43:49] <Sorts> "Unless I'm missing something…"
[2009-06-07 21:43:52] <Gerald> "Statues don't snap necks when nobody's looking, either."
[2009-06-07 21:43:59] * Agent_Strelnikov grunts at Gerald and walks back to the coffee machine.
[2009-06-07 21:44:06] <Lurker> "Yes you are, Doctor."
[2009-06-07 21:44:08] * Dumount looks at Lurker
[2009-06-07 21:44:12] * Dumount pats lurker
[2009-06-07 21:44:18] * Lurker stands up and gives Rights' cheek a kiss, then hugs Dumount.
[2009-06-07 21:44:29] * Doctor_Light moves to a couch and lies down, putting her leg up.
[2009-06-07 21:44:41] * Rights sits up a little, sliding her shoes back on.
[2009-06-07 21:44:43] <Doctor_Light> "Urghp."
[2009-06-07 21:44:54] <Sorts> "Regardless, it's made of concrete, which is a human invention, and it's made in the twisted form of a human; ergo it was created by humanity."
[2009-06-07 21:45:18] * Agent_Strelnikov slumps down on the couch with his coffee and cigarette.
[2009-06-07 21:45:52] * Lurker hugs Rights. "Come on, you're tired."
[2009-06-07 21:45:57] <Doctor_Light> "I don't know, but now that I've seen it, it's fucking scary."
[2009-06-07 21:46:09] * Rights blinks again, shaking her head. "Nah, nah…I'm fine."
[2009-06-07 21:46:12] <Gerald> "I've worked with 173 before."
[2009-06-07 21:46:33] <Sorts> "Seeing photos of it were enough for me. It's twisted, I couldn't even tell where the eyes were at first glance."
[2009-06-07 21:46:35] * Rath snorts and wakes up "Wha… 173 was loose?"
[2009-06-07 21:46:44] * Dumount ugs lurker
[2009-06-07 21:46:48] * Gerald shrugs.
[2009-06-07 21:46:50] * Lurker holds up a hand infront of Rights. "How many fingers am I holding up?"
[2009-06-07 21:46:55] <Doctor_Light> "…Yes."
[2009-06-07 21:47:05] <Rath> "I must have slept through it"
[2009-06-07 21:47:14] <Sorts> "What did you have to do with 173, Gerald?"
[2009-06-07 21:47:15] <Rights> "That depends. Your thumb is not a finger, it's a seperate phalange." Rights points out, shaking herself a little more awake.
[2009-06-07 21:47:29] <Lurker> "Trick question. I don't have fingers, I have claws. You're sleepy."
[2009-06-07 21:47:35] * Lurker giggles and licks Rights' cheek.
[2009-06-07 21:47:36] * Agent_Strelnikov stays quiet on the couch.
[2009-06-07 21:47:40] <Rights> "What? No, okay, thoise count as fingers."
[2009-06-07 21:47:47] * Rights points. "See? They're jointed."
[2009-06-07 21:47:49] <Gerald> "Well, it was some regular testing one day."
[2009-06-07 21:47:55] <Rights> "Therefore, fingers. Albeit, tipped with claws."
[2009-06-07 21:47:59] <Doctor_Light> "Was on the lower levels. They still had a lockdown though."
[2009-06-07 21:48:17] * Lurker blinks down. "But… but… claws!"
[2009-06-07 21:48:43] <Dumount> "Actualy you're both wrong" Dumount says
[2009-06-07 21:48:58] <Gerald> "I had to move it to the testing site. What me and the other assistants with me did, was we used a bunch of ropes and pulleys to lift it on to a forklift."
[2009-06-07 21:49:13] * Dumount pets Lurker gently, looking around
[2009-06-07 21:49:14] <Sorts> "Who was on staring duty?"
[2009-06-07 21:49:31] <Dumount> "Light… do you need any assistance fetching or grabbing objects?"
[2009-06-07 21:49:35] <Gerald> "We actually had a couple of agents doing that for us."
[2009-06-07 21:49:36] * Lurker pokes Dumount. "Claws."
[2009-06-07 21:49:43] <Doctor_Light> "I'm alright for now, thank you."
[2009-06-07 21:49:49] <Gerald> "I got to drive it to the test room."
[2009-06-07 21:49:51] <Sorts> "With that many eyes around I hope nothing went wrong, anyway"
[2009-06-07 21:49:54] <Dumount> "A break is uncomfortable and as your doctor it's my job to make your comfortable"
[2009-06-07 21:50:01] <Gerald> "Er…"
[2009-06-07 21:50:01] * Rath flips his coin a few times, listening to the conversation intently.
[2009-06-07 21:50:08] <Gerald> "Actually…"
[2009-06-07 21:50:09] * Dumount holds hand up near Lurker's face, points to a fingernail "Claws"
[2009-06-07 21:50:24] <Rights> "Actually, Dumount, Claws and fingernails are completely different."
[2009-06-07 21:50:30] <Rights> "Fingernails are formed out a chiten, while claws are bone."
[2009-06-07 21:50:34] * Lurker blinks. "Those are fingernails."
[2009-06-07 21:50:34] <Gerald> "When we set the ropes up to set it down, one of them snapped. 173 fell right on top of me."
[2009-06-07 21:50:40] <Doctor_Light> "Man, I'm comfortable. The nurse gave me more morphine before I left."
[2009-06-07 21:50:44] <Dumount> "Fingernails are not bone rights"
[2009-06-07 21:50:45] <Gerald> "Damn thing weighs a ton."
[2009-06-07 21:50:47] <Sorts> "Augh!"
[2009-06-07 21:50:47] * Lurker blinks. "How'd you do that?"
[2009-06-07 21:50:48] <Dumount> "They're karotine"
[2009-06-07 21:50:52] <Dumount> "Do what?"
[2009-06-07 21:51:02] <Lurker> "Your fingernail… looked like a claw for a second."
[2009-06-07 21:51:12] <Rights> "God, Karotiine, whatever."
[2009-06-07 21:51:31] * Agent_Strelnikov sighs and gets up, setting his coffee on the table. He hasn't touched it.
[2009-06-07 21:51:33] <Dumount> "Lurker, are you feeling alright?"
[2009-06-07 21:51:42] * Lurker nods. "Of course I am."
[2009-06-07 21:51:45] * Sorts glances at Strelnikov.
[2009-06-07 21:51:52] * Agent_Strelnikov opens the fridge and riffles through it.
[2009-06-07 21:52:32] * Rights blinks at Strelnikov, before frowning. "Hey…you doin' alright?" BWEE-OOP BWEE-OOP MOTHERLY IMPULSE SENSES TINGLING
[2009-06-07 21:52:35] * Agent_Strelnikov closes it without taking anything and sits back down.
[2009-06-07 21:52:43] * Gerald drinks his coffee.
[2009-06-07 21:52:44] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Hi, Doktor Rights."
[2009-06-07 21:52:53] * Dumount blinks at lurker "Well, I don't know… maybe you imagined it?"
[2009-06-07 21:53:04] * Lurker sighs. "I don't know."
[2009-06-07 21:53:05] * Rath walks over and gets a cup of coffee, then sits back in his chair
[2009-06-07 21:53:09] <Rights> "…Dmitri, you just looked RIGHT at a plate of pot pie I put in there, and didn't take any."
[2009-06-07 21:53:15] * Lurker crawls onto his favourite armchair and lets out a long sigh.
[2009-06-07 21:53:17] <Sorts> "There's pot pie?"
[2009-06-07 21:53:21] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Not hungry today, Doktor Rights."
[2009-06-07 21:53:25] <Lurker> "This past week… hasn't been too great."
[2009-06-07 21:53:32] * Dumount pets lurker
[2009-06-07 21:53:37] <Dumount> "Yeah, I noticeed"
[2009-06-07 21:53:43] <Dumount> "Strelnikov! Bandages!"
[2009-06-07 21:53:49] * Rights frowns heavily at Strelnikov, and gives him a stern I WILL TALK WITH YOU LATER YOUNG MAN look
[2009-06-07 21:54:04] * Agent_Strelnikov rests his face on a hand for a moment, then unbuttons his tunic.
[2009-06-07 21:54:19] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Go on then, Dumount."
[2009-06-07 21:54:20] * Lurker rests his head on the armrest. "Nothing seems to be going very well…"
[2009-06-07 21:54:31] <Gerald> "How so, Lurker?"
[2009-06-07 21:54:35] <Lurker> "I thought before the 3rd hookah test… that was good… but then… yeah…"
[2009-06-07 21:54:36] * Dumount performs the bandage work, looking at the wound in the process "Looking better, you're healing up"
[2009-06-07 21:54:43] * Rights sighs, and stands up. "…You know, this HAS been a horrible week or so."
[2009-06-07 21:54:44] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Great."
[2009-06-07 21:54:45] * Dumount touches his cheek again, and sighs
[2009-06-07 21:54:59] <Sorts> "What's the basis for a good or at least not bad week?"
[2009-06-07 21:55:04] <Rights> "…Maybe we just need to get out."
[2009-06-07 21:55:06] <Lurker> "And the pills don't seem to have been working."
[2009-06-07 21:55:21] * Lurker pauses, looks up at Rights, then lowers his head. "I can't go out…"
[2009-06-07 21:55:24] * Agent_Strelnikov waits for Dumount to finish, then puts his tunic on and rebuttons it.
[2009-06-07 21:55:27] <Lurker> "They won't let me… because I'm a threat."
[2009-06-07 21:55:39] <Dumount> "I also, tend to be stuck here"
[2009-06-07 21:55:42] * Rights frowns and wanders over to Lurker, hugging him close. "Damn…"
[2009-06-07 21:55:43] <Sorts> "Surely, Lurker, we can find some way to smuggle you."
[2009-06-07 21:55:53] * Doctor_Light shrugs. "I've never been shot before this week, but I also had two men competing for my love. I would say this averages out."
[2009-06-07 21:56:01] <Dumount> "Mind… I am sure we could come up with a halarious scheme involving massive quantities of hampster tubing…"
[2009-06-07 21:56:05] <Sorts> "I mean, you can walk upright, yeah? Let's get a big coat… a wide brim hat…"
[2009-06-07 21:57:24] * Agent_Strelnikov runs a hand through his hair and rests his elbows in his knees. A bit of ash falls to the floor.
[2009-06-07 21:57:39] <Rights> "And if not, then, well…I can heat up the pot pie."
[2009-06-07 21:57:43] <Rights> "And we can make it a party here."
[2009-06-07 21:57:53] <Dumount> "I can get out as a medical attendant… maybe"
[2009-06-07 21:57:55] * Dumount shrugs
[2009-06-07 21:58:13] <Lurker> "If I could find out how I turned human that one time…"
[2009-06-07 21:58:18] <Doctor_Light> "We could go have a picnic on some deserted plain."
[2009-06-07 21:58:22] <Sorts> "No, guys,really, we should try to get out."
[2009-06-07 21:58:27] <Rights> "I like picnics…"
[2009-06-07 21:58:28] * Lurker blinks. "Hold on, I think I have an idea of how it happened."
[2009-06-07 21:58:32] <Gerald> "Going out sounds like fun."
[2009-06-07 21:58:37] * Lurker bolts out of the room, leaving his labcoat behind.
[2009-06-07 21:58:39] <Rath> "Where would we go?"
[2009-06-07 21:58:44] <Sorts> "I get extra depressed coming back here from the superverse, and I hate seeing you guys all down too."
[2009-06-07 21:58:50] <Rights> "Well, there is a new tavern nearby…"
[2009-06-07 21:58:56] * Agent_Strelnikov stares at the floor and listens to them talk.
[2009-06-07 21:59:15] <Rights> "I noticed it while driving in. And while I generally don't advocate drinking while at work…it seems like a nice place."
[2009-06-07 21:59:26] <Rath> "I visited the superverse for a bit earlier also Sorts"
[2009-06-07 21:59:27] * Sorts stands up with an intent look and hustles off to his office.
[2009-06-07 21:59:30] * Lurker slinks back into the room looking disappointed… and wet.
[2009-06-07 21:59:43] * Rights blinks. "…Let me get you a towel, sweetie…"
[2009-06-07 21:59:51] <Gerald> "Lurker, what's up with you?"
[2009-06-07 21:59:52] * Lurker goes over to an unused corner, shakes off the water like a dog, then grabs his labcoat and pulls it back on.
[2009-06-07 21:59:52] <Doctor_Light> "Is there a teleport machine around? Becuase then, I mean, if we wanted privacy, Mojave desert, amazon rainforest, the rockies… But a pub sounds nice too, if we can all get out."
[2009-06-07 22:00:00] <Lurker> "Tried to turn human… it didn't work."
[2009-06-07 22:00:02] <Rights> "Not hte amazon."
[2009-06-07 22:00:08] <Gerald> "Oh."
[2009-06-07 22:00:09] <Rights> "Too many bugs, too humid."
[2009-06-07 22:00:10] <Doctor_Light> "… What?"
[2009-06-07 22:00:15] * Sorts returns shortly afterward with a heavy red wool raincoat. "You were in the superverse, Dr. Rath? What did it give you?"
[2009-06-07 22:00:19] <Dumount> …
[2009-06-07 22:00:22] * Dumount blinks
[2009-06-07 22:00:27] <Dumount> "Lurker, I have an idea"
[2009-06-07 22:00:31] * Rights grins. "I like the superverse."
[2009-06-07 22:00:38] <Dumount> "Rights do you have a collar and a leash?"
[2009-06-07 22:00:43] <Lurker> "I don't think it'll work, Doctor. It's the only thing that re-"
[2009-06-07 22:00:49] <Rath> "I can control kinetic energy in the Superverse. And shout really really loud."
[2009-06-07 22:00:51] * Rights blinks. "…Dumount, he's not a seeing-eye dog."
[2009-06-07 22:00:57] * Lurker blushes so hard and so fast that he literally passes the hell out on the floor.
[2009-06-07 22:00:58] * Sorts looks despondent for a moment and mumbles the way a junkie does for his fix, "I -love- the superverse…"
[2009-06-07 22:01:09] <Rights> "I don't know if you've noticed, but most dogs are, oh, dear…"
[2009-06-07 22:01:11] <Doctor_Light> ."… Kinky."
[2009-06-07 22:01:13] <Sorts> "Oh, what am I thinking, Rath? I saw you there. I was thin then."
[2009-06-07 22:01:14] * Dumount picks luker up
[2009-06-07 22:01:18] <Gerald> "Superverse?"
[2009-06-07 22:01:20] * Dumount hands lurker to rights
[2009-06-07 22:01:23] <Dumount> "Your fault"
[2009-06-07 22:01:30] * Rights sighs and picks Lurker up. "Also, you KNOW better than to mention the C-O-L-L-A-R around him…"
[2009-06-07 22:01:40] <Sorts> "Ask Dr. Kondraki, Gerald, he's in charge of our expedition there."
[2009-06-07 22:01:46] <Rath> "I look mostly the same in there as I do here, heh"
[2009-06-07 22:01:49] <Rath> "Just with superpowers"
[2009-06-07 22:02:04] <Doctor_Light> "Lucky bastards," Sophia mutters.
[2009-06-07 22:02:07] <Gerald> "Huh."
[2009-06-07 22:02:17] <Dumount> "Seriously I think I can fuck with the security guards enough to get him out disguised as a dog"
[2009-06-07 22:02:21] <Sorts> "I didn't get any new powers, apart from the general boost to physical abilities. But my art does awful things there."
[2009-06-07 22:02:22] * Agent_Strelnikov stubs his cigarette out and immediately lights a new one, fighting off a short but somewhat violent coughing fit.
[2009-06-07 22:02:38] * Rights blinks at Dmitri, setting LUrker down in a chair and cleariing her throat.
[2009-06-07 22:02:41] <Sorts> "Hey! We can't have Lurker slinking around like a dog, he is no animal! Let's disguise him!"
[2009-06-07 22:02:53] <Sorts> "Don't we have some sort of … SCP things that can do that?"
[2009-06-07 22:02:58] <Rights> "Maybe as like…a large, predatory cat or something."
[2009-06-07 22:03:03] <Rights> "Well, there's a lot of SCPs."
[2009-06-07 22:03:14] <Rights> "But they're untested with his physiology. I don't want to accidentally kill him!"
[2009-06-07 22:03:16] <Dumount> "Whatever, I can screw with them enough to acept that he's a pet"
[2009-06-07 22:03:20] <Doctor_Light> "Maybe temporarily… Or we could go to a zoo…" Sophia shrugs.
[2009-06-07 22:03:22] <Sorts> "Isn't there a hat of inconspicuousness or something?"
[2009-06-07 22:04:49] * Gerald looks at Lurker. "Hm."
[2009-06-07 22:05:28] <Gerald> "I suppose with a hood and some kind of trench coat or something he could be disguised."
[2009-06-07 22:05:41] <Sorts> "Oh and look who BROUGHT A TRENCH COAT."
[2009-06-07 22:05:45] * Dumount strokes the unconcious Lurker
[2009-06-07 22:05:46] <Rights> "We could put a mask onhim. Say he has MDRTB"
[2009-06-07 22:05:48] * Sorts puffs his chest out.
[2009-06-07 22:06:04] * Sorts looks ridiculous.
[2009-06-07 22:06:06] * Lurker peers open an eye. "But I don't want to wear the collar, you always pull on iiiiit." He groans.
[2009-06-07 22:06:28] * Lurker closes it and rolls over.
[2009-06-07 22:06:36] * Agent_Strelnikov coughs again.
[2009-06-07 22:06:37] <Dumount> "If you're worried about tugging I could hold the collar" Dumount says calmly
[2009-06-07 22:06:56] * Rights clears her throat LOUDLY again at Dmitri.
[2009-06-07 22:07:04] * Dumount continues gently stroking Lurker, taking advantage of the relaxing properties
[2009-06-07 22:07:06] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…sorries." He says quietly.
[2009-06-07 22:07:15] <Rights> "It's alright…just worried about you."
[2009-06-07 22:07:18] <Gerald> "I think I might have a pair of gloves he could use."
[2009-06-07 22:07:24] <Dumount> "How about we stop worrying about a plan and do something? I'll get signed out for medical assistant leave"
[2009-06-07 22:07:33] <Doctor_Light> "Maybe big boots too. Hell, we just dress him up like Foo."
[2009-06-07 22:07:33] * Lurker lets out a soft moan, while still remaining asleep.
[2009-06-07 22:07:35] <Dumount> "And I KNOW I can get lurker to look like an animal"
[2009-06-07 22:07:39] <Dumount> "with minimal effort"
[2009-06-07 22:07:40] <Sorts> "Excellent, Gerald! His fingers are a little long though… hmmm."
[2009-06-07 22:07:48] <Dumount> "In fact…"
[2009-06-07 22:07:51] <Rights> "Well, we can work aroundthat."
[2009-06-07 22:07:54] * Dumount picks lurker up
[2009-06-07 22:07:56] <Rights> "Dumount, he's not an ANIMAL"
[2009-06-07 22:08:02] <Sorts> "Well let Lurker decide, eh?"
[2009-06-07 22:08:04] * Dumount starts to walk out, stops
[2009-06-07 22:08:06] <Rath> "He sure looks like an animal.."
[2009-06-07 22:08:10] <Gerald> "Easy as it may be Dumount, the point is we're going to a pub."
[2009-06-07 22:08:12] * Rights takes Lurker away froom Dumount. "Besides, we can't buy him drinks if he's a dog."
[2009-06-07 22:08:22] <Dumount> "Well, I know he's not an animal, we can remove the disguise… Kain buys drinks"
[2009-06-07 22:08:27] * Dumount pets Lurker more
[2009-06-07 22:08:36] * Lurker purrs and rolls in Rights' arms, letting his tongue hang out of his mouth awkwardly. "Oh… more~"
[2009-06-07 22:08:41] * Lurker twitches his leg.
[2009-06-07 22:08:49] * Dumount gives Lurker the more he requested
[2009-06-07 22:09:04] * Rights blinks a little.
[2009-06-07 22:09:27] * Sorts smacks his forehead and runs his hand down his face until his lips go BLBLBLBLBLBL.
[2009-06-07 22:09:42] * Lurker twitches his leg again, tail wagging lightly and gently batting Rights. "D-Doctor… I can't… ooh…"
[2009-06-07 22:09:43] <Agent_Strelnikov> Not even the motorboating improves Dmitri's disposition. A nice attempt, though.
[2009-06-07 22:09:47] <Sorts> "Let's do this! Let's go get drunk! I never drink and I want to start!"
[2009-06-07 22:09:51] <Dumount> "The fact of the matter is, last I checked, the town outside was so blanketed in SCP stuff that they would probably not notice a talking walriss"
[2009-06-07 22:10:04] * Dumount ups the level of stroking, scritching, and petting
[2009-06-07 22:10:12] * Rights sits down wtih Lurker in her lap. "That's from all the amnesiacs we pump into their water supply, Dumount."
[2009-06-07 22:10:13] * Rath grabs his hat and puts on his suit jacket "Lets go!"
[2009-06-07 22:10:27] <Dumount> "Yeah. I know"
[2009-06-07 22:10:31] <Doctor_Light> "I guess I should change out of the labcoat."
[2009-06-07 22:10:32] <Sorts> "Doesn't someone have an invisibility cloak?"
[2009-06-07 22:10:37] * Dumount sighs at rights comment, looking depressed about it
[2009-06-07 22:10:49] <Rights> "I have an invisible woman…"
[2009-06-07 22:10:56] <Dumount> "The unnoticability ring is… well we have one"
[2009-06-07 22:10:59] <Sorts> "I don't think we can stuff Lurker inside of her."
[2009-06-07 22:11:02] * Lurker curls up around Rights, purring and mumbling some more, only audible to her.
[2009-06-07 22:11:03] <Dumount> "Yeah but I can…."
[2009-06-07 22:11:05] <Rights> "…Wait…wasn't there a hat?"
[2009-06-07 22:11:17] * Dumount strokes Lurker even more, doing a bit of deep massage
[2009-06-07 22:11:18] * Rights scatches Lurker's jaw lightly.
[2009-06-07 22:11:24] * Gerald drinks some coffee, but blushes just the slightest at the mention of Claudia.
[2009-06-07 22:11:28] <Rights> "There was a hat that made people not notice whatever it was on.
[2009-06-07 22:11:38] <Rath> "I seem to remember a hat that would keep Lurker from getting noticed… but then we wouldn't notice him either."
[2009-06-07 22:11:38] <Doctor_Light> "The side effects are a little wierd… But, you know, I have a gaurd who owes me a favor. If you want."
[2009-06-07 22:11:41] <Sorts> "Yeah, that's what I was trying to mention earlier."
[2009-06-07 22:11:49] <Doctor_Light> "Right, that would be it."
[2009-06-07 22:11:52] <Dumount> "Light… let's go with the guard"
[2009-06-07 22:12:02] <Dumount> "Let's bully a guard into letting us out. Eaiser"
[2009-06-07 22:12:09] <Dumount> "Strelnikov, practice your scowl"
[2009-06-07 22:12:17] <Sorts> "I'll let him borrow card #34."
[2009-06-07 22:12:22] <Dumount> "Lurker's being checked out for 'experemental research purpouses"
[2009-06-07 22:12:30] * Lurker suddenly wakes up.
[2009-06-07 22:12:33] * Agent_Strelnikov doesn't answer. He does try to mask another cough, though. It's a poor attempt.
[2009-06-07 22:12:36] <Rights> "Buying him drinks isn't really experemental…"
[2009-06-07 22:12:47] * Lurker looks up at Rights and purrs. "G'morning…"
[2009-06-07 22:12:48] <Sorts> "The general idea is that we lie."
[2009-06-07 22:12:51] <Dumount> "I'm the handler, you're the guard"
[2009-06-07 22:12:56] <Dumount> "Did you have a nice dream Lurker?"
[2009-06-07 22:13:02] * Rights pets Lurker. "Morning, sweetie."
[2009-06-07 22:13:13] <Doctor_Light> "Okay, should I go find the gaurd then?"
[2009-06-07 22:13:15] <Dumount> "Strelnikov… YOur cough is worrysome"
[2009-06-07 22:13:26] * Lurker blushes a bright red, remembering his dream, and hides his face in Rights' shoulder.
[2009-06-07 22:13:27] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Amongst other things."
[2009-06-07 22:13:36] <Dumount> "I want you in my x-ray machine tomorow morning to look for pneumonia"
[2009-06-07 22:13:54] * Rights pats Lurker on the back. "I concur with Dumount, Strel…plus, I did wanna talk to you, but now's hardly the time."
[2009-06-07 22:13:58] <Dumount> "Yeah, six, probably was my fault you had such a nice dream"
[2009-06-07 22:14:03] <Rights> "You know, maybe I should just stay in…"
[2009-06-07 22:14:10] * Agent_Strelnikov flicks his cigarette away, which is already consumed. "Whatever you says." The observant people in the room should probably be able to figure out that he's been chain smoking like a maniac.
[2009-06-07 22:14:24] * Gerald drinks coffee, thinking about going to a pub.
[2009-06-07 22:14:43] <Dumount> "… Also, if you keep smoking like that I will be needing to give you lung transplants"
[2009-06-07 22:14:57] * Sorts believes in the right to chain smoke like a maniac.
[2009-06-07 22:14:58] * Lurker peers over Rights' shoulder to Dmitri and speaks in Russian. "What's the matter, Dmitri? You've been acting off ever since Break got drunk earlier."
[2009-06-07 22:15:00] * Agent_Strelnikov answers him by lighting a new cigarette. His third so far.
[2009-06-07 22:15:18] <Agent_Strelnikov> *"…I am very worried, Lurker."*
[2009-06-07 22:15:30] <Lurker> *"About what, my friend?"*
[2009-06-07 22:15:38] <Agent_Strelnikov> *"Everything."*
[2009-06-07 22:15:44] * Rights doesn't understand Russian, so she sits there and awkwardly twiddles her thumbs, only picking up a word or two.
[2009-06-07 22:16:00] <Lurker> *"Everything? I'm not sure I understand, did something bad happen?*
[2009-06-07 22:16:05] * Sorts offers Lurker his oversize coat.
[2009-06-07 22:16:10] * Gerald is quite confused.
[2009-06-07 22:16:12] * Agent_Strelnikov shakes his head. "Njet."
[2009-06-07 22:16:13] * Lurker holds up a single claw.
[2009-06-07 22:16:21] <Lurker> *"Then why worry?"*
[2009-06-07 22:16:48] * Agent_Strelnikov smiles softly at Lurker and reaches over to pat his head. *"Leave the worrying to me."*
[2009-06-07 22:17:12] <Lurker> *"Your behaviour is worrying me, my friend. I want to make sure you're alright…"* He says, frowning.
[2009-06-07 22:17:40] <Agent_Strelnikov> *"I'll be speaking to Doctor Rights about it, in time."*
[2009-06-07 22:18:03] * Lurker sighs and nods. *"If you insist… I do wish you'd take care, though…"*
[2009-06-07 22:18:12] * Dumount fills out the proper forms to go out with his paitents Stel sohpia and anyone else who's his paitent
[2009-06-07 22:18:39] * Agent_Strelnikov drags on his smoke and looks back down at the floor.
[2009-06-07 22:18:40] <Dumount> "Well… are we all ready?"
[2009-06-07 22:18:46] * Dumount says, looking around with a sigh
[2009-06-07 22:18:51] <Rights> "Pf, beats me."
[2009-06-07 22:18:53] * Lurker looks to Rights. "Are you coming, my Doctor?"
[2009-06-07 22:18:54] <Sorts> "Overly so."
[2009-06-07 22:19:02] * Rath adjust his tie "Ready"
[2009-06-07 22:19:05] <Dumount> "I think this will be the first time I will be out in years without being on a mission"
[2009-06-07 22:19:08] * Rights thinks…then smiles. "If you go, I go. I'm ready for some fun."
[2009-06-07 22:19:15] <Dumount> "I wonder how much pay is in my bank account?"
[2009-06-07 22:19:22] * Lurker smiles brightly and hops up, tugging her arm. "Come on then!"
[2009-06-07 22:19:53] <Sorts> "WOO HOO!"
[2009-06-07 22:19:55] <Gerald> "We're going, then?"
[2009-06-07 22:19:56] <Lurker> "We can partake in the consumption of alcoholic beverages in the purpose of lowering our inhibitions and doing something silly!"
[2009-06-07 22:20:06] * Lurker whispers into Rights' ear.
[2009-06-07 22:20:26] * Lurker smiles softly.
[2009-06-07 22:20:43] * Rath walks out the break room door, and turns the wrong way down the corridor "Onward!"
[2009-06-07 22:20:56] * Agent_Strelnikov sighs and stands slowly, following Rights.
[2009-06-07 22:21:05] * Dumount follows the group as well
[2009-06-07 22:21:28] * Sorts follows Rath blindly!
[2009-06-07 22:21:30] * Gerald walks out, cast on his arm bumping into the door frame.
[2009-06-07 22:21:36] * Rights blushes as she follows with Lurker.
[2009-06-07 22:21:46] * Rath looks behind him and sees only Sorts following him
[2009-06-07 22:21:52] <Rath> "Uhhh oops"
[2009-06-07 22:22:01] * Lurker takes Sorts' trenchcoat and puts it on, looking quite normal, aside from his head.
[2009-06-07 22:22:09] * Rath rushes to catch up with the rest of the group "Still getting used to this place"
[2009-06-07 22:22:10] * Lurker heads out with Rights.
[2009-06-07 22:22:21] * Sorts whirls around in place and keeps marching after Rath.
[2009-06-07 22:22:43] * Rights pauses at her office only to trade her labcoat for a simple sweater. She looks much softer without it.
[2009-06-07 22:23:20] * Lurker collects some clothes in Rights' office, including a pair of pants and running shoes, a shirt, and a top hat.
[2009-06-07 22:23:28] * Lurker discards the top hat, and takes a fedora instead.
[2009-06-07 22:23:35] * Rath flips his coin a few times [habitually]
[2009-06-07 22:24:10] * Rights also grabs her purse and hums softly as she looks through it. "Who's driving?"
[2009-06-07 22:24:21] * Gerald goes to his office. Let's see, switch out his lab coat for a regular one. Lock the door to his office. Makes sure he has plenty of money on him. Alright, he's ready.
[2009-06-07 22:24:36] * Dumount goes out disguised as a female. What the hell, may as well
[2009-06-07 22:25:19] * Sorts reluctantly leaves his lucky rifle behind. But he does take his deck of useless-in-this-universe meme cards.
[2009-06-07 22:25:46] * Agent_Strelnikov lags behind the group, but follows along.
[2009-06-07 22:25:56] <Sorts> "How we get there, bus, van, flying sled?"
[2009-06-07 22:26:02] * Gerald gets together with the group.
[2009-06-07 22:26:06] <Gerald> "I'm ready."
[2009-06-07 22:26:10] <Rights> "We have cars, you know. Well, vans, too…"
[2009-06-07 22:26:19] <Rights> "The quetion is who wants to drive?"
[2009-06-07 22:26:33] <Sorts> "I don't have a car." Sorts taps his fingers together timidly.
[2009-06-07 22:26:40] <Rath> "I could drive… but you probably wouldn't feel safe in my truck"
[2009-06-07 22:26:51] <Rights> "We have trucks and cars here to use…"
[2009-06-07 22:27:06] <Sorts> "They all have those weird Soap logos and stuff…"
[2009-06-07 22:27:08] * Lurker takes Rights over to a small, but cute looking car.
[2009-06-07 22:27:09] <Gerald> "Er, I think the Foundation provides rental vehicles to personnel."
[2009-06-07 22:27:11] <Lurker> "We can take this one."
[2009-06-07 22:27:15] <Sorts> "I mean, Soap from Corpses, really?"
[2009-06-07 22:27:23] * Lurker opens the door to the passenger side.
[2009-06-07 22:27:29] <Rights> "Really? It's a little small, and I mean…we're gonna have to drive back…"
[2009-06-07 22:27:37] <Lurker> "I'll be careful."
[2009-06-07 22:27:39] <Rights> "Probably with somebody passed-out-drunk in the backseat."
[2009-06-07 22:27:46] <Sorts> "Oh, well, awesome." Sorts piles into the backseat.
[2009-06-07 22:28:00] * Gerald gets into the car.
[2009-06-07 22:28:04] * Agent_Strelnikov gets in the backseat.
[2009-06-07 22:28:05] * Lurker blinks at Sorts. "Erm, there are other larger vehicles that might better suit your needs…"
[2009-06-07 22:28:05] <Sorts> Of whatever car he's riding in.
[2009-06-07 22:28:08] * Lurker blushes a bit.
[2009-06-07 22:28:15] <Sorts> "… oh. Oh. Right."
[2009-06-07 22:28:16] <Lurker> "Well this didn't turn out the way I intended…"
[2009-06-07 22:28:26] <Rath> "Whos driving? Me?"
[2009-06-07 22:28:29] * Dumount enters a car… Female, and dolled up in some sort of fancy evening gown with makeup. She barely looks like Dumount
[2009-06-07 22:28:29] * Sorts is wedged in his seat by Gerald now, however.
[2009-06-07 22:28:32] <Rights> "You know, this'll do fiine…"
[2009-06-07 22:28:40] * Imants gets in a car. Any car.
[2009-06-07 22:28:44] * Dumount winds up wedged near Lurker
[2009-06-07 22:28:52] <Rights> "…This was a terrible idea."
[2009-06-07 22:28:54] * Agent_Strelnikov is wearing his uniform.
[2009-06-07 22:29:00] * Lurker points at Rath. "You drive."
[2009-06-07 22:29:01] <Rights> "We either have to split up, or take a bigger car."
[2009-06-07 22:29:13] * Lurker grabs Rights and drags her over to another car, which happens to be a ferrari.
[2009-06-07 22:29:13] * Rath gets into the drivers seat and starts up the vehicle
[2009-06-07 22:29:19] <Rights> "Look, this is a VW. There's no way Dmitri and I are gonna be able to squeeze in there with all of yo-…oooh."
[2009-06-07 22:29:27] * Dumount blinks "Who's car sis that?"
[2009-06-07 22:29:27] <Rath> "Where were we going again?"
[2009-06-07 22:29:28] * Lurker blinks. "Well now, this was unexpected… I thought we only had crappy cars at the Foundation."
[2009-06-07 22:29:32] <Sorts> "Well that problem got solved."
[2009-06-07 22:29:34] * Dumount decides to follow lurker
[2009-06-07 22:29:38] * Lurker shrugs and opens the passenger side door for Rights.
[2009-06-07 22:29:40] * Agent_Strelnikov allows Rights to sit on his lap.
[2009-06-07 22:29:41] * Imants whistles.
[2009-06-07 22:29:47] * Dumount runs a hand along the ferrarie
[2009-06-07 22:29:53] <Dumount> (Strel, she's in a different car)
[2009-06-07 22:30:01] * Gerald looks at the new car.
[2009-06-07 22:30:05] <Gerald> "Wow."
[2009-06-07 22:30:19] <Rath> "Now everyone keep yours hands to yourselves back there"
[2009-06-07 22:30:20] <Rights> "We get nice cars too…just be careful with it."
[2009-06-07 22:30:22] <Dumount> "Too bad I havn't driven in at least ten years"
[2009-06-07 22:30:32] * Rights slides into the Ferrari. "…Dumount, I'm driving."
[2009-06-07 22:30:39] <Rights> "I don't trust ANY of you all with a car this nice."
[2009-06-07 22:30:39] <Imants> "What kind of VW is this again?"
[2009-06-07 22:30:41] * Lurker blinks. "Aww… but I wanted to…"
[2009-06-07 22:30:51] * Lurker pouts and crawls into the Ferrari.
[2009-06-07 22:30:54] * Gerald looks at the crappy car he's in, then at the ferrari.
[2009-06-07 22:30:57] <Imants> "I'm sure I can… procure… a nicer car.
[2009-06-07 22:31:19] <Rights> "Do you even know how to drive, Lurker?"
[2009-06-07 22:31:26] <Lurker> "Of course I do."
[2009-06-07 22:31:54] * Lurker smiles. "Trust me… although I feel if I was in this car, I'd need to havef spiked back hair and a fake tan."
[2009-06-07 22:32:11] * Lurker licks Rights' cheek. "I promise I won't crash."
[2009-06-07 22:32:29] * Rights gives Lurker a look. "Huh."
[2009-06-07 22:32:34] * Dumount sits on Lurker's other side
[2009-06-07 22:32:47] * Lurker is sitting between Rights and Dumount.
[2009-06-07 22:32:49] <Rights> "…You didn't answer if you knew how to drive."
[2009-06-07 22:32:52] * Dumount hugs lurker from the other side, squeezing him between self and Rights
[2009-06-07 22:32:54] * Imants is in an Aston Martin.
[2009-06-07 22:32:57] <Lurker> "I did. I said Of Course I do."
[2009-06-07 22:32:58] <Rath> "Alright everyone, get in a car or get left behind"
[2009-06-07 22:33:07] * Rights takes the driver's seat. "Too bad…because I have a license."
[2009-06-07 22:33:11] * Gerald jumps into a car.
[2009-06-07 22:33:14] * Sorts buckles up.
[2009-06-07 22:33:18] * Lurker blinks and sticks his tongue out.
[2009-06-07 22:33:31] * Imants revves the engine. He kinda forgot how to drive. Oh well.
[2009-06-07 22:33:44] <Heiden_DM> #SCPTavern . You're following Rights in the car.
[2009-06-07 22:34:21] * Rights feels good about driving regularly. Needless to say, she peels out of the garage and immeidately starts messing withthe radio.

#SCPTavern

The exterior of the tavern has a certain charm to it- certainly not particularly well kept, but not in a grungy or creepy way. A dumpster's tucked beside the building, and the wood panelling could certainly use a wash.

A sign newly-hung reads "Ashton's Bar & Grill". Hung on the sign is a plastic banner reading "Trivia Night Tonight!".

The interior of the tavern, Ashton's, is incredibly nice, especially compared to the outside. The interior of the tavern seems to have been rearranged for Trivia Night, with a line of tables arranged in a semicircle around a central stage. The crowd murmurs eagerly - apparently, trivia is popular around these parts.

[2009-06-07 22:34:43] * Imants zooms past everyone.
[2009-06-07 22:48:28] <Sorts> "Oh crap, who's our team? Imants, me… "
[2009-06-07 22:48:30] * Agent_Strelnikov takes his glass of vodka and has a long sip.
[2009-06-07 22:48:50] * Gerald wonders who is gonna want the guy with around 20 degrees.
[2009-06-07 22:49:03] <Heiden_DM> "Round one will consist of four questions, worth a single point each. Round 2, half the questions, double the points. The winning team may send a single member to the LIGHTNING ROUND (yes, he says it like that) for a chance to win fabulous prizes!"
[2009-06-07 22:49:12] * Rights seems eager for this.
[2009-06-07 22:49:31] <Sorts> "Gerald, dude, you with us?"
[2009-06-07 22:49:32] * Lurker leans over and taps Rights on the shoulder.
[2009-06-07 22:49:33] * bright lights her ciggerette
[2009-06-07 22:49:33] <Dumount> "Question. What' the prizes?"
[2009-06-07 22:49:37] * Dumount asks loudly
[2009-06-07 22:49:40] * Agent_Strelnikov fidgets with his ashtray.
[2009-06-07 22:50:04] <Gerald> "So, who's going with who?"
[2009-06-07 22:50:41] * Doctor_Light requests an exotic mixed drink called an Angry Wombat and sits back to watch.
[2009-06-07 22:50:54] * Rights leans back over to Lurker.
[2009-06-07 22:51:11] <Rath> "You know I once attempted to make a Wombatapult"
[2009-06-07 22:51:14] <Rath> "It ended messily"
[2009-06-07 22:51:20] <Heiden_DM> The waitress looks at Dr. Light for a moment, thinking, then nods and bustles off. You really wouldn't expect it from a place like this, but seems like they've got everything.
[2009-06-07 22:51:30] <Sorts> "It turned out to be a mortal wombat, eh?"
[2009-06-07 22:51:49] * Lurker gives Rights a kiss softly, then grins. "How's your drink?"
[2009-06-07 22:51:58] * Rights smirks. "It's good…"
[2009-06-07 22:52:01] * bright throws a roll at the back of sorts head
[2009-06-07 22:52:10] * pooryoric wanders in.
[2009-06-07 22:52:10] <Rath> "A very mortal wombat"
[2009-06-07 22:52:12] * Gerald has some nachos handed to him by a waitress. Delicious.
[2009-06-07 22:52:12] * Dumount heads over to the table with the others, sits across from Lurker
[2009-06-07 22:52:16] <Sorts> "Sorry sir! Uh, I mean… heh."
[2009-06-07 22:52:23] * Rights orders some cheesy fries next time the waitress comes by.
[2009-06-07 22:52:31] <bright> "Puns are the lowest form of humor."
[2009-06-07 22:52:37] * Imants sips his Iced Tea, the makes a face.
[2009-06-07 22:52:53] <Imants> "Sorts, what is Iced Tea supposed to taste like?"
[2009-06-07 22:52:57] * Agent_Strelnikov doesn't order anything.
[2009-06-07 22:53:17] <Sorts> "I've been using puns to catch extra-dimensional criminals all day, but unfortunately someone already took the hero-name I wanted…"
[2009-06-07 22:53:18] * Gerald looks at Rights. "Trade you some nachos for a couple of fries."
[2009-06-07 22:53:31] <Dumount> "That's a long island iced tea?"
[2009-06-07 22:53:35] <Imants> "Yeah"
[2009-06-07 22:53:36] * Dumount asks
[2009-06-07 22:53:38] <Sorts> "What does iced tea taste like???" Sorts stares at Imants for awhile, "Cold?"
[2009-06-07 22:53:45] <Dumount> "Well, it tastes like scotch then"
[2009-06-07 22:53:46] <Imants> "I didn't want any alcohol."
[2009-06-07 22:53:47] * Agent_Strelnikov sips at his drink and stares through whoever is sitting across from him.
[2009-06-07 22:53:49] <Imants> "…"
[2009-06-07 22:53:51] <Imants> "Oh."
[2009-06-07 22:53:56] * bright sips her beer
[2009-06-07 22:54:00] <Sorts> "Long Island Iced Tea is an achololic drink"
[2009-06-07 22:54:03] * Dumount drinks her coffee
[2009-06-07 22:54:07] * Rights takes Gerald's deal
[2009-06-07 22:54:15] * Dumount orders chicken paprikash
[2009-06-07 22:54:20] <Imants> "I see"
[2009-06-07 22:54:35] <Dumount> "Are you alright Imants?"
[2009-06-07 22:54:36] * Lurker blushes a bit and nuzzles at Rights' shoulder gently before sipping his Martini again.
[2009-06-07 22:54:40] <pooryoric> "sorts, you've never had iced tea?"
[2009-06-07 22:54:46] * Rights keeps nibbling on cheesy fries.
[2009-06-07 22:54:50] <Imants> "Yeah, I just didn't want anything alcoholinc"
[2009-06-07 22:54:54] <Imants> alcoholic*
[2009-06-07 22:54:59] <Sorts> "I have, but I have no idea how to describe the taste of it to someone who hasn't"
[2009-06-07 22:55:12] * Imants is also hungry, and decides to order Cheese Fries.
[2009-06-07 22:55:12] * Gerald noms on some nachos, and a couple of fries.
[2009-06-07 22:55:13] <pooryoric> "ah. feeling a bit slurry, imants?"
[2009-06-07 22:55:15] <Sorts> "I mean, it tastes like iced tea…"
[2009-06-07 22:55:28] * Imants looks at Yoric strangely. "No?"
[2009-06-07 22:55:35] <Heiden_DM> The waitress nods to Dumount. Okay, this is just getting weird. This is an 'American' tavern, burger and fries, yes… chicken paprikash?
[2009-06-07 22:55:41] * Lurker slips his left hand down and gently takes Rights' hand in his with a smile.
[2009-06-07 22:55:55] * Rights gives Lurker's hand a little squeeze, and offers him some fries.
[2009-06-07 22:55:58] <Rath> "Do you have hot wings?"
[2009-06-07 22:55:59] * Doctor_Light also requests some onion rings.
[2009-06-07 22:56:15] * Lurker smiles. "Sure!" He says, nibbling on a few.
[2009-06-07 22:56:20] * Sorts chows down on his own basket of wings.
[2009-06-07 22:56:32] * Lurker is glad no one has noticed that he has glowing blue eyes which are barely obscured by his fedora.
[2009-06-07 22:57:07] * Gerald wonders what kind of trivia there's going to be. Sadly, it seems doubtful there'll be anything about neuroscience or quantum mechanics.
[2009-06-07 22:57:08] <Heiden_DM> The waitress says to Rath, "'course we do, hon. How spicy you like 'em?" She scratches down the rest of the orders.
[2009-06-07 22:57:23] <Rath> "Medium spicyness please"
[2009-06-07 22:57:36] <Rights> "Who wants to be leader, guys?"
[2009-06-07 22:57:39] <Rights> "I call not it."
[2009-06-07 22:57:41] <Sorts> "So, who's captaining? I am not a dude of knowledge, here."
[2009-06-07 22:57:44] <Sorts> "Not it."
[2009-06-07 22:57:53] <Dumount> "Also… could I have a steak with the heart still beating?"
[2009-06-07 22:58:00] <Imants> "Not it!"
[2009-06-07 22:58:03] <Rath> "NOt it"
[2009-06-07 22:58:03] * Rights reaches over and bops DUmount
[2009-06-07 22:58:06] <pooryoric> "not it!"
[2009-06-07 22:58:07] <Heiden_DM> The waitress /stares/ at Dumount. "Uh, 'scuse me?"
[2009-06-07 22:58:10] <Gerald> "Er, what kind of trivia we talking about?"
[2009-06-07 22:58:19] <Dumount> "Sorry my little joke"
[2009-06-07 22:58:20] * Rights smiles at the Waitress. "Ignore her…"
[2009-06-07 22:58:20] <bright> "It."
[2009-06-07 22:58:29] <Heiden_DM> "…riiight."
[2009-06-07 22:58:31] <Dumount> "I like my steak rare"
[2009-06-07 22:58:34] * Gerald looks at Bright.
[2009-06-07 22:58:39] * Agent_Strelnikov can't help but smile at Bright's comment.
[2009-06-07 22:58:41] <bright> "Wait, not it."
[2009-06-07 22:58:48] <Sorts> "Awesome. … not awesome."
[2009-06-07 22:58:49] * Lurker looks to Rights. "What'd you like to eat, Agatha?"
[2009-06-07 22:59:01] <bright> "I'm off duty, i don't want any responsibility."
[2009-06-07 22:59:04] <Rights> "I already have cheesy fries, Lurker…I'm trying to pace myself,though."
[2009-06-07 22:59:15] <pooryoric> "i nomenate dumount as team leader."
[2009-06-07 22:59:16] <Gerald> "I'll do it, if nobody else wants to."
[2009-06-07 22:59:19] <Heiden_DM> "Right. Steak just ain't steak, hon, what kind do you want? We got a strip steak, sirloin, T-bone, porterhouse, tenderloin if yer fancy…"
[2009-06-07 22:59:21] <Rights> "DO IT GERALD."
[2009-06-07 22:59:23] * Sorts leans over to Gerald, "Man, everyone called not it and we can't have Six do it, go for it, captain!"
[2009-06-07 22:59:24] <Dumount> "Wait, what?"
[2009-06-07 22:59:26] * Agent_Strelnikov isn't really paying attention. He sips at his vodka and lights another cigarette.
[2009-06-07 22:59:27] <pooryoric> "scratch that, gerald."
[2009-06-07 22:59:32] <Gerald> "Fine."
[2009-06-07 22:59:39] <Doctor_Light> "Go ahead, Gerald."
[2009-06-07 22:59:41] <Lurker> "You don't want anything? Not even a salad?"
[2009-06-07 22:59:45] <pooryoric> "hail gerald!"
[2009-06-07 22:59:48] * Gerald mumbles something about twenty goddamned degrees.
[2009-06-07 22:59:51] <Sorts> "Yes! Nothing can go wrong with this plan!"
[2009-06-07 22:59:57] <Rights> "Since when do I eat salad?" She chuckles, nibbling at her cheese fries."
[2009-06-07 23:00:02] <Rath> "Go for it Gerald"
[2009-06-07 23:00:22] * Imants is shoveling cheese fries down like there is no tomorrow.
[2009-06-07 23:00:22] * Lurker shrugs. "They're quite healthy and filling."
[2009-06-07 23:00:23] <Dumount> "I'm a T-Bone girl. Also the paprikash"
[2009-06-07 23:00:37] * bright signals the waitress. "Two t-bones, make them moo."
[2009-06-07 23:00:57] * Sorts diligently cleans his fingers between each wing he eats.
[2009-06-07 23:01:02] * pooryoric calls the waitress over. "i'd like a tofuburger with bacon. i'm feeling dichotomous tonight."
[2009-06-07 23:01:14] <Imants> "Ew, Tofu?"
[2009-06-07 23:01:15] <Rights> "I like eating lettuice and croutons…but I can't stand the rst of salad."
[2009-06-07 23:01:24] <Heiden_DM> The waitress nods to Bright and Dumount. "Women after m'own heart, y'all are." She gives Yoric a /look/, but writes his order down. "Tofu burger… righ'…"
[2009-06-07 23:01:24] <pooryoric> "dude, i love tofu."
[2009-06-07 23:01:29] * Lurker carefully hands his menu to the waitress once she's finished with everyone else's orders. "Ribeye Steak, Medium-rare. French Fries, Caesar salad, and a pint of Wellington's please."
[2009-06-07 23:01:32] <Gerald> "Nachos. Always a good decision."
[2009-06-07 23:01:40] <Sorts> "Tofu is wrong. It is incorrect."
[2009-06-07 23:01:41] * Doctor_Light has forgotten that she is still wearing her labcoat, and figures they must make a pretty weird sight.
[2009-06-07 23:01:41] * Rath mumbles something about herbivores
[2009-06-07 23:01:42] <Rights> "I'm terribly boring like that, and I don't like to order salad when I won't eat the parts that have sauce…"
[2009-06-07 23:01:49] <Imants> "Tofu is disgusting. Either eat meat, or don't eat meat."
[2009-06-07 23:01:55] * Gerald bumps the cast on his right arm into the table.
[2009-06-07 23:01:55] <pooryoric> "tofu with BACON, guys."
[2009-06-07 23:01:57] <Imants> "There is not try."
[2009-06-07 23:01:58] * DrSnorlison a figure, unnoticed till now, turns around, and says
[2009-06-07 23:02:01] <Heiden_DM> Another waitress comes up to help with the mass of orders. You better tip /well/, folks.
[2009-06-07 23:02:02] <Rights> "Tofu is delicious in the right situation."
[2009-06-07 23:02:07] <Imants> "I think you're just conflicted.
[2009-06-07 23:02:09] <DrSnorlison> "Imants? yoric? Rights?"
[2009-06-07 23:02:09] <Rights> "You just can't use it to replace meat."
[2009-06-07 23:02:11] <Sorts> "I know, that's like crap with cheese on it, Yoric."
[2009-06-07 23:02:17] <DrSnorlison> "What are you doing here?"
[2009-06-07 23:02:20] * Rights jumps a little. "…hhhi Snorlison…"
[2009-06-07 23:02:22] <pooryoric> "you'd know, sorts."
[2009-06-07 23:02:27] <Heiden_DM> The waitresses leave, their orders taken.
[2009-06-07 23:02:28] <Dumount> "Tofu is great on it's own, yes"
[2009-06-07 23:02:29] <pooryoric> "oh, hi snorl."
[2009-06-07 23:02:32] * Gerald 's jaw drops at the sight of Snor.
[2009-06-07 23:02:33] <Imants> "Eating, what about you Doctor?"
[2009-06-07 23:02:34] * Rights tries to shield Lurker and Dumount from being seen awkwardly.
[2009-06-07 23:02:35] <Gerald> "Goddammit!"
[2009-06-07 23:02:35] <Sorts> "Seriously, I am like a gourmand of crap sandwiches."
[2009-06-07 23:02:37] <Dumount> "But meat is meat"
[2009-06-07 23:02:38] <Rights> "Just having a night out."
[2009-06-07 23:02:45] * DrSnorlison holds a plate of radishes and a beer
[2009-06-07 23:02:52] <Gerald> "Can I go *anywhere* without there being senior staff around?"
[2009-06-07 23:02:58] <Doctor_Light> "… Would you like an Angry Wombat, Doctor Snorlison?"
[2009-06-07 23:03:02] <DrSnorlison> "Idiosyncratically drinking. Though, I hear radishes are good with beer."
[2009-06-07 23:03:03] <pooryoric> "i like tofu. whay is that so wrong?"
[2009-06-07 23:03:06] <Heiden_DM> The MC is making his way to the table. The game is about to begin! You see four other teams that look remotely serious about this… they'll probably be your only real competition.
[2009-06-07 23:03:11] <DrSnorlison> "…Well. About how angry?"
[2009-06-07 23:03:12] * Agent_Strelnikov stays hunched over the table.
[2009-06-07 23:03:14] <Rights> :Yoric, don't worry. I like tofu too."
[2009-06-07 23:03:24] * DrSnorlison picks up his beer and radishes and walks over
[2009-06-07 23:03:26] * pooryoric high fives rights.
[2009-06-07 23:03:27] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Gerald."
[2009-06-07 23:03:28] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-07 23:03:31] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Do me favor."
[2009-06-07 23:03:34] <Gerald> "Hm?"
[2009-06-07 23:03:35] <DrSnorlison> "Ah, tofu. I've had good tofu, and I've had bad tofu."
[2009-06-07 23:03:37] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Look around."
[2009-06-07 23:03:42] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Tell me if there are bikers."
[2009-06-07 23:03:44] * Rights high five's him back, then nibbles at her cheese fries again.
[2009-06-07 23:03:45] * Gerald looks around.
[2009-06-07 23:03:50] <bright> "Gerald, it's synchocrity. The longer you're in the Foundation, the more likely you are to run into us."
[2009-06-07 23:03:56] <Heiden_DM> There are no bikers.
[2009-06-07 23:03:58] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-07 23:04:11] <DrSnorlison> "Synchronicity?"
[2009-06-07 23:04:20] <Imants> "Tofu is bad. Period"
[2009-06-07 23:04:22] <DrSnorlison> "Surpisingly… yeah, there's some evidence to justify such a view."
[2009-06-07 23:04:27] <Doctor_Light> "About as angry as they have 99% liquor."
[2009-06-07 23:04:35] <DrSnorlison> "Tofu absorbs the flavors of what you put it into."
[2009-06-07 23:04:37] * Sorts raises his glass to Imants.
[2009-06-07 23:04:41] * Lurker kisses Rights' cheek gently and leans over, offering her a sip of his martini. "Enjoying yourself?"
[2009-06-07 23:04:43] <pooryoric> "or, snorl, you just don't exist when we're not watching."
[2009-06-07 23:04:47] <Dumount> "Tofu has a flavor of it's own"
[2009-06-07 23:04:50] <DrSnorlison> "Put it in a dish that is carried by the flavor of meat."
[2009-06-07 23:04:54] <Sorts> "So do feet."
[2009-06-07 23:04:54] <Heiden_DM> The MC gestures for silence, and the room quiets down slightly. Your food begins arriving to the table in trickles and spurts, brought piecemeal by various waitresses.
[2009-06-07 23:04:57] <Doctor_Light> "Or we don't exist when Snorl's not watching us."
[2009-06-07 23:05:00] <Dumount> "And it's a good flavor, depending on the type of tofu"
[2009-06-07 23:05:00] <DrSnorlison> "And the tofu will fail."
[2009-06-07 23:05:02] * Imants raises his glass to Sorts, then takes a long gulp.
[2009-06-07 23:05:04] * Rights offers Lurker a kiss back. "S'good…shh."
[2009-06-07 23:05:05] * Gerald looks up.
[2009-06-07 23:05:07] <Rath> "Shhhh…"
[2009-06-07 23:05:17] * Agent_Strelnikov taps some more ash into his ashtray. He taps that ash good.
[2009-06-07 23:05:17] <DrSnorlison> "So, here for trivia night?"
[2009-06-07 23:05:20] <pooryoric> "light, but he wasn't watching us earlier."
[2009-06-07 23:05:24] <Gerald> "Yep."
[2009-06-07 23:05:27] <DrSnorlison> "I come out every once and awhile to watch."

Note: Dr. Snorlison noted out of character that he was lying, but all OOC was purged from the log. Retained for clarity.

[2009-06-07 23:05:29] <bright> "Rights… who is your companion?"
[2009-06-07 23:05:35] <DrSnorlison> "Haven't participated yet."
[2009-06-07 23:05:35] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:05:36] <Sorts> "oh shit"
[2009-06-07 23:05:39] <Heiden_DM> "Ladies and gentlemen, sheets of paper and writing utensils are available on the stage, please retrieve them if you don't have one for your team already. We'll begin as soon as everyone's ready."
[2009-06-07 23:05:43] <Rights> "…Who's your body?"
[2009-06-07 23:05:46] * Gerald realizes that this is the sound of shit hitting the fan.
[2009-06-07 23:06:00] * Sorts pulls out his own pad of paper and pen.
[2009-06-07 23:06:09] * Lurker extends a gloved hand, being very inconspicuous. "Neil Syx, pleasure to meet you."
[2009-06-07 23:06:14] <bright> "Annika Slevitz. Death row for ritualing butchering twenty seven men."
[2009-06-07 23:06:22] <Rights> "Awesome. I like her already."
[2009-06-07 23:06:35] <Lurker> "Annika? Good to meet you."
[2009-06-07 23:06:35] * Rath pulls out a beat up and taped up PDA and checks for wireless
[2009-06-07 23:06:38] * Imants grabs some paper and a pencil for reason.
[2009-06-07 23:06:40] * Agent_Strelnikov finally realizes who is behind him. He turns around and nods. "…Doktor Snorlison."
[2009-06-07 23:06:40] * Gerald gets a paper and pencil ready. He looks like a combination of excited and nervous.
[2009-06-07 23:06:52] * Dumount slips her waitress a gold coin from napolianic france "So I don't forget to tip you later"
[2009-06-07 23:06:57] * bright notes that Rights is Senior Researcher, and simply smiles.
[2009-06-07 23:07:01] <pooryoric> "so, bright. you're looking good tonight. any cyborg parts this time?"
[2009-06-07 23:07:10] * Lurker looks actually quite human, and his fedora is carefully obscuring his glowing eyes.
[2009-06-07 23:07:12] <DrSnorlison> "Ah, hello Strelnikov."
[2009-06-07 23:07:14] <Heiden_DM> The waitress accepts the coin without a word, just a grateful nod.
[2009-06-07 23:07:18] * Rights smiles back at Bright, and gives Lurker a little kiss on the cheek.
[2009-06-07 23:07:19] <bright> "No yoric. None. Just a huge set of juggs."
[2009-06-07 23:07:28] <pooryoric> "those work too."
[2009-06-07 23:07:29] * Sorts tries very hard not to look…"
[2009-06-07 23:07:31] * Agent_Strelnikov turns back around and resumes hunching over the table.
[2009-06-07 23:07:36] <Heiden_DM> The room fills with the sound of chairs being pushed back as everyone hurries up to get their materials.
[2009-06-07 23:07:36] * Lurker turns and grins at Rights. "You sure you only want the cheese fries dear?"
[2009-06-07 23:07:40] * Doctor_Light rolls her eyes. "Boys and their toys."
[2009-06-07 23:07:41] <Imants> "…"
[2009-06-07 23:07:44] * Imants blushes
[2009-06-07 23:07:58] * bright jiggles herself a bit.
[2009-06-07 23:08:08] <Rights> "Sweetie, if I need anything else I can get it myself…I'll be good with this."
[2009-06-07 23:08:10] * DrSnorlison gets up from the table, grabs a pencil, and comes back to the table, twirling the pencils in his fingers/
[2009-06-07 23:08:21] * Gerald is too busy thinking what would happen if Lurker is found out to notice the boobies.
[2009-06-07 23:08:24] <pooryoric> "light, you know i'd rather have you any day. but can you blame me for kissing up to the boss?" yoric jokes.
[2009-06-07 23:08:37] * Lurker shrugs. "Alright… just checking. I want to ensure you have a good time, yes?"
[2009-06-07 23:08:50] * bright winks at Light
[2009-06-07 23:08:57] <Doctor_Light> "…Alas, poor yoric, I knew him well."
[2009-06-07 23:09:00] <Rights> "Mmm…you and me both, sweetie."
[2009-06-07 23:09:19] * Rath flips his coin a few times
[2009-06-07 23:09:29] * Imants starts to twirl his pencil.
[2009-06-07 23:09:32] * Sorts doodles on his notebook.
[2009-06-07 23:09:44] <pooryoric> "a fellow of infinite jest, light."
[2009-06-07 23:09:49] <Heiden_DM> The chairs get pushed back in, sharpened pencils ready, and the MC is on the mic again.
[2009-06-07 23:09:55] * DrSnorlison catches the eye of a waitress, asks for another beer, and tops it with a glass of scotch
[2009-06-07 23:09:58] * Lurker orders another Vodka Martini, and wonders where his steak caesar and fries and his wellingtons are.
[2009-06-07 23:10:02] <Doctor_Light> "Wait, you still have to buy me a fancy dinner sometime. Forget it."
[2009-06-07 23:10:07] * Dr_Magnus quickly walks into the Tavern. "Am I too late?!"
[2009-06-07 23:10:09] * DrSnorlison looks towards the MC, trying to hear him overthe conversation
[2009-06-07 23:10:16] <Heiden_DM> "Okay, folks, here we go! Round 1 questions, one point each, four questions! Those minds better be ready!"
[2009-06-07 23:10:21] <Rath> "Magnus come sit down quick"
[2009-06-07 23:10:24] * Rights is SO READY FOR THIS.
[2009-06-07 23:10:28] <Sorts> "I am focused like a laser!"
[2009-06-07 23:10:29] * Lurker happily starts dining on his steak.
[2009-06-07 23:10:29] * Dr_Magnus runs over, and sits down.
[2009-06-07 23:10:29] <pooryoric> "i plan to, light. as soon as possible."
[2009-06-07 23:10:34] * bright digs into his rare steaks, listening.
[2009-06-07 23:10:47] * Dumount eats her chicken paprikash and rare T-bone
[2009-06-07 23:10:49] * Rath whispers "Trivia night"
[2009-06-07 23:10:50] <Heiden_DM> "Question one: Which NFL team has lost the most Super Bowl games, accumulating a total of seven defeats in the legendary contest?"

Editor's Note: Heiden was dumb and used a trivia site to generate the first few questions, apparently. This question was disputed and therefore thrown out - it was correct automatically, in other words.

[2009-06-07 23:10:56] * Dumount offers some to Rights
[2009-06-07 23:10:57] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:11:00] <Sorts> "…"
[2009-06-07 23:11:01] <DrSnorlison> "Oh shit. Sports."
[2009-06-07 23:11:01] * pooryoric is still awaiting his tofuburger.
[2009-06-07 23:11:02] * Gerald has no freaking clue.
[2009-06-07 23:11:02] * Rights doesn't know football.
[2009-06-07 23:11:06] <Sorts> "Yeah I got nothing."
[2009-06-07 23:11:07] * Rights takes a bit of steak.
[2009-06-07 23:11:08] * Imants munches on more fries.
[2009-06-07 23:11:08] <Imants> "I wanted that rock…" he says around a mothful.
[2009-06-07 23:11:08] <Imants> mouthful*
[2009-06-07 23:11:09] <Heiden_DM> "That one's for you sports nuts out there, you're not going to get any more tonight!" He laughs.
[2009-06-07 23:11:12] * pooryoric is clueless.
[2009-06-07 23:11:29] <Heiden_DM> The room fills with discussion and the sound of pencils scritching.
[2009-06-07 23:11:36] <Doctor_Light> "It's my rock, Imants."
[2009-06-07 23:11:39] * Dr_Magnus blinks a few times. "Sports?"
[2009-06-07 23:11:39] <Rights> "…Not the Packers. The Lions?"
[2009-06-07 23:11:39] <Sorts> "Who, what, the Bills? Or the …. Chicago Cubs!"
[2009-06-07 23:11:41] * Rights frowns.
[2009-06-07 23:11:47] * Imants has just realized he's forgotten everything.
[2009-06-07 23:11:53] * DrSnorlison glances at Gerald, seeing how he's going to direct the discussion
[2009-06-07 23:11:55] <Imants> "It's only yours until someone takes it.."
[2009-06-07 23:11:56] * Gerald never watched sports. Ever.
[2009-06-07 23:11:57] * Rights knows that she should know this!
[2009-06-07 23:12:04] <Gerald> "Er…any of you guys have a clue?"
[2009-06-07 23:12:06] <pooryoric> "it's light's rock, imants. you can steal whatever you want from everybody else, but not her."
[2009-06-07 23:12:13] * bright doesn't care about sports
[2009-06-07 23:12:16] * Agent_Strelnikov finally looks up. He nudges Rights.
[2009-06-07 23:12:21] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…What the hell is happen?"
[2009-06-07 23:12:30] <Sorts> "The Buffalo Bills, Gerald"
[2009-06-07 23:12:30] <Gerald> "What should we say?"
[2009-06-07 23:12:32] <Imants> "What makes Light special?"
[2009-06-07 23:12:35] <Heiden_DM> The MC taps his foot for a few moments, giving everyone time to hammer it all out.
[2009-06-07 23:12:36] <Doctor_Light> "I think there are more then one."
[2009-06-07 23:12:37] * Rights blinks and shrugs at Dmitri. "Trivia…I dunno, though."
[2009-06-07 23:12:38] <Dr_Magnus> [Wait, the question is wrong.]
[2009-06-07 23:12:39] <DrSnorlison> "It seems Sorts is the only one with any clue."
[2009-06-07 23:12:41] <Rights> "How's your drink, Dmitri?"
[2009-06-07 23:12:41] * Imants honestly looks confused.
[2009-06-07 23:12:43] * Gerald shrugs. "'kay."
[2009-06-07 23:12:44] <Dr_Magnus> [The most losses is four…]
[2009-06-07 23:12:58] * pooryoric smiles. "she does, imants."
[2009-06-07 23:13:03] <Agent_Strelnikov> "It's okay." He sloshes the vodka around in his glass.
[2009-06-07 23:13:12] * Sorts almost gets his hopes up that he's going to do something right in this world.
[2009-06-07 23:13:14] <Dr_Magnus> "M-minnesota?"
[2009-06-07 23:13:15] <Imants> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:13:17] * Gerald crosses his fingers, hoping the next one is about quantum mechanics.
[2009-06-07 23:13:17] <Imants> "Ok"
[2009-06-07 23:13:26] <Dr_Magnus> "Or denver…if I remember right…"
[2009-06-07 23:13:26] <Rath> "Man I dont have a clue about sports… but I thought the Cowboys had been there the most"
[2009-06-07 23:13:40] * Lurker has finished all of his food in record time, and downed his Wellingtons and both Vodka Martinis.
[2009-06-07 23:13:51] * Gerald writes down Buffalo Bills.
[2009-06-07 23:13:51] * Lurker realizes this probably made him stand out quite a bit at the table.
[2009-06-07 23:14:09] * Dr_Magnus writes down Dener Broncos and Minessota Vikings, tied with 4 each.
[2009-06-07 23:14:25] * Doctor_Light doesn't know shit about sports
[2009-06-07 23:14:33] * pooryoric doodles a picture of 682 in a football helmet.
[2009-06-07 23:14:54] <Heiden_DM> "Okay, folks, that's plenty of time for that, question two!"
[2009-06-07 23:14:55] * Doctor_Light pulls a test tube out of her pocket and fiddles with it.
[2009-06-07 23:14:59] <Gerald> "So…?"
[2009-06-07 23:14:59] * Dr_Magnus says to gerald. "Gerald, it was the Broncos and the Vikings, with four each!"
[2009-06-07 23:15:08] <Gerald> "'kay."
[2009-06-07 23:15:09] * Agent_Strelnikov smashes his cigarette in the ashtray and lights another one.
[2009-06-07 23:15:25] * Imants scribbles down lines of squiggly markings.
[2009-06-07 23:15:27] * Sorts deflates when it seems Mangus knows what he is talking about.
[2009-06-07 23:15:39] <pooryoric> "careful, light. this is a nice place full of nice people. i'd hate them to come down with something."
[2009-06-07 23:15:40] <Heiden_DM> "What bone is notable for being unconnected to any other bone in the human body? Located in the throat, this bone serves as a support for the muscles of the tongue."
[2009-06-07 23:15:49] <Gerald> "Sorry, Sorts."
[2009-06-07 23:15:54] * Rights bangs on the table and poitns at Gerald
[2009-06-07 23:15:59] <Rights> "The, the, uhhh….fuck!"
[2009-06-07 23:16:06] * Gerald looks at Dumount expectantly.
[2009-06-07 23:16:08] <Lurker> "Hyoid Bone"
[2009-06-07 23:16:12] * Lurker blinks casually.
[2009-06-07 23:16:19] <Gerald> "You sure?"
[2009-06-07 23:16:21] <Lurker> "It's the Hyoid Bone."
[2009-06-07 23:16:30] <pooryoric> "why do you know that, lurker?"
[2009-06-07 23:16:31] * Gerald shrugs. "Okay."
[2009-06-07 23:16:35] <Rights> "Hyoid!"
[2009-06-07 23:16:41] <DrSnorlison> "Hyoid bone was my best guess."
[2009-06-07 23:16:41] <Sorts> "Because the dude has massive tongue."
[2009-06-07 23:16:41] <Heiden_DM> The room goes… actually kind of quiet. A few pencils on paper are heard, but not as many as before.
[2009-06-07 23:16:42] * Rights grins. "It's right, I KNOW it is."
[2009-06-07 23:16:43] * Agent_Strelnikov has finished his glass of vodka. He flags the waitress down and asks for another.
[2009-06-07 23:16:44] <Rath> "Damn it Jim, I'm an engineer, not a brain surgeon"
[2009-06-07 23:16:46] <Dr_Magnus> [Becuase he can google as quick as us lol]
[2009-06-07 23:16:52] * Gerald writes it down.
[2009-06-07 23:17:00] <Rights> " I remember it from my mom's vocal surgery."
[2009-06-07 23:17:02] <Dumount> "The hyoid bone"
[2009-06-07 23:17:06] * Gerald looks at Rath.
[2009-06-07 23:17:08] * pooryoric is -still- waiting for his tofuburger.
[2009-06-07 23:17:10] * Lurker looks over to Yoric. "I had lots of time to study, remember? A year and a half o-" He pauses. "of trainign to become a doctor."
[2009-06-07 23:17:11] * Dumount says with a nod, after a moment's thought
[2009-06-07 23:17:16] * Dr_Magnus flags down a waitress as well, ordering a glass of scotch, and a simple hamburger.
[2009-06-07 23:17:21] * Iceberg sits in a corner trying to ignore the others who have come to the bar. He also tries to keep his date, another scientist from Site 19, from noticing. Not an easy task, considering……
[2009-06-07 23:17:23] <Rights> "Plus, it plays a major part in our abilityt o speak and-" Rights starts babbling on and on and on
[2009-06-07 23:17:24] * Imants munches on more fries.
[2009-06-07 23:17:26] <Gerald> "Is there a problem with neuroscience, Rath?"
[2009-06-07 23:17:43] <Rath> "Nah, no problem Gerald, just making a play on a Bone's quote"
[2009-06-07 23:17:51] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:18:01] <Rath> "Star Trek and all…"
[2009-06-07 23:18:09] * Rights keeps babbling quietly, pausing only to nibble on her fries.
[2009-06-07 23:18:18] <Heiden_DM> "Well, alright, folks, didn't mean to stymie you on that one!" The MC laughs. "Looks like those folks have got it down, though, the ones to beat for tonight!" He gestures at all of you. You get a few sullen glares.
[2009-06-07 23:18:20] * Lurker kisses Rights' cheek.
[2009-06-07 23:18:21] * bright hits rath in the back of the head with a roll.
[2009-06-07 23:18:30] * Sorts throws up the horns.
[2009-06-07 23:18:35] <Heiden_DM> "Question three, on the way, who all's ready?"
[2009-06-07 23:18:37] * Agent_Strelnikov looks around at the other bar patrons. He gives them the death glare.
[2009-06-07 23:18:40] * Rath tosses it back at bright
[2009-06-07 23:18:43] * DrSnorlison facepalms quietly
[2009-06-07 23:18:50] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-07 23:18:51] * Dr_Magnus adjusts his glasses, trying to appear as small as possible in the public setting.
[2009-06-07 23:19:01] * pooryoric is amused by the sight of a thirty something year old doctor throwing up metal horns.
[2009-06-07 23:19:05] * Doctor_Light munches idally on an onion ring, watching the other patrons.
[2009-06-07 23:19:09] * Dumount is blushing and fidgeting a bit
[2009-06-07 23:19:09] <Heiden_DM> The room is dead silent. GAME FACES: ON.
[2009-06-07 23:19:13] * Agent_Strelnikov goes back to work on his second glass of vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:19:32] * pooryoric grins.
[2009-06-07 23:19:52] * Doctor_Light sighs and puts the test tube away
[2009-06-07 23:19:55] * bright grins and bounces
[2009-06-07 23:20:04] * Gerald is mentally PUMPED.
[2009-06-07 23:20:05] <Heiden_DM> "Well, okay! Question three: What famous doctor is credited with the discovery of the polio vaccine in the 1950s?"
[2009-06-07 23:20:15] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Salk."
[2009-06-07 23:20:20] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Jonas Salk."
[2009-06-07 23:20:23] <Agent_Strelnikov> "I think."
[2009-06-07 23:20:24] <Gerald> "Yep."
[2009-06-07 23:20:25] <DrSnorlison> "Sa-"
[2009-06-07 23:20:26] <Dumount> "Salk"
[2009-06-07 23:20:30] * Gerald writes it down again.
[2009-06-07 23:20:30] <Sorts> "Then it is so."
[2009-06-07 23:20:31] <Rights> "…I'm impressed."
[2009-06-07 23:20:33] * Agent_Strelnikov stubs his cigarette.
[2009-06-07 23:20:34] <bright> "Salk"
[2009-06-07 23:20:34] <DrSnorlison> "What everyone else said."
[2009-06-07 23:20:34] <Lurker> "Albert Sabin"
[2009-06-07 23:20:37] <Rath> "Salk sounds right.."
[2009-06-07 23:20:38] * Agent_Strelnikov lights another one.
[2009-06-07 23:20:41] <Lurker> "Wait…"
[2009-06-07 23:20:43] * Dumount is fairly distracted and twitching
[2009-06-07 23:20:44] * Gerald is also surprised Dmitri got it before Dumount.
[2009-06-07 23:20:46] <Dumount> "Sabin too"
[2009-06-07 23:20:48] <Dr_Magnus> "I worked with him once…what was his name…."
[2009-06-07 23:20:51] <DrSnorlison> "Sabin.. was later, I think."
[2009-06-07 23:20:55] <DrSnorlison> "60s sometime."
[2009-06-07 23:20:56] <Lurker> "No that was the oral vaccine… the original wan was Salk."
[2009-06-07 23:20:57] * Lurker nods.
[2009-06-07 23:21:01] * Dumount nods
[2009-06-07 23:21:08] <Doctor_Light> "Jonas."
[2009-06-07 23:21:08] <Lurker> "They seem to favor doctors at this place."
[2009-06-07 23:21:11] <Dr_Magnus> "Salk! That's it, yes!"
[2009-06-07 23:21:11] * Imants doodles more. It looks like a floor plan.
[2009-06-07 23:21:14] * Agent_Strelnikov stops drinking long enough to endure a small coughing fit.
[2009-06-07 23:21:31] <Heiden_DM> The room fills with the sounds of papers being written on, again. Looks like most of the crowd got this one.
[2009-06-07 23:21:32] <DrSnorlison> "I only know that because of the whole MY VACCINE IS BETTER thing."
[2009-06-07 23:21:33] <Doctor_Light> "Thank god for that, lur- Niel."
[2009-06-07 23:22:01] * DrSnorlison smiles
[2009-06-07 23:22:01] <Heiden_DM> The MC looks down at Dmitri. "Take care of yourself, buddy, you got to survive to win!" Another phony, slightly obnoxious laugh bubbles out of his mouth.
[2009-06-07 23:22:04] * Gerald sighs, and hopes that when he gets shot down to D-Class he has a nice bunk mate.
[2009-06-07 23:22:05] * Rights pats Dmitri on the back. "…Maybe you should take a break from abusing your throat."
[2009-06-07 23:22:10] * Lurker smiles to Sophia.
[2009-06-07 23:22:14] <DrSnorlison> "A quick correction is more glaring then a funny nickname, Sophia."
[2009-06-07 23:22:14] * bright blows a smoke ring.
[2009-06-07 23:22:17] * Imants gulps down some more Iced Tea.
[2009-06-07 23:22:20] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Eh."
[2009-06-07 23:22:26] * Lurker orders two more pints of Wellington's
[2009-06-07 23:22:35] * Agent_Strelnikov puts his cigarette and goes to town on the vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:22:35] * Imants drinks some more.
[2009-06-07 23:22:38] <Doctor_Light> "They think we're odd enough as it is, I hardly think one slip of the toungue will alert them."
[2009-06-07 23:22:42] * Dr_Magnus still waits for his order, not knowing the waitress lost it some time ago.
[2009-06-07 23:22:46] <DrSnorlison> "Indeed not."
[2009-06-07 23:22:58] * Gerald noms a couple more nachos.
[2009-06-07 23:22:59] <DrSnorlison> "Otherwise I probably wouldn't've mentioned anything."
[2009-06-07 23:23:00] <Heiden_DM> "Okay, everyone, final question for round one! Take care, this one's a doozy!"
[2009-06-07 23:23:02] <bright> "I think he more means that the Senior Staff isn't supposed to know he's out."
[2009-06-07 23:23:08] * DrSnorlison looks around at the competition
[2009-06-07 23:23:19] <DrSnorlison> "Well, there is that too."
[2009-06-07 23:23:23] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:23:29] * bright winks at Lurker
[2009-06-07 23:23:30] <Rights> "I'm taking care of him…"
[2009-06-07 23:23:33] * Rights mutters.
[2009-06-07 23:23:33] <Doctor_Light> "Oh, you mean I'm not supposed to tell YOU. I figured you knew."
[2009-06-07 23:23:34] * Gerald facepalms.
[2009-06-07 23:23:37] <DrSnorlison> "But that pretty much went without saying."
[2009-06-07 23:23:40] <Doctor_Light> "Ahem."
[2009-06-07 23:23:44] <pooryoric> "wait, your name is neil?"
[2009-06-07 23:23:47] <Heiden_DM> "The world's tallest man-made structure, this building is located in the United Arab Emirates, and towers over two thousand five hundred feet tall - folks, that's nearly a half-mile!"
[2009-06-07 23:23:55] <Heiden_DM> "For that last point, what is its name?"
[2009-06-07 23:23:59] <Imants> "oh hey!"
[2009-06-07 23:24:00] <Gerald> "Taipei tower was it?"
[2009-06-07 23:24:04] <Imants> "I think I know this one!"
[2009-06-07 23:24:10] <Rath> "Burj Dubai"
[2009-06-07 23:24:14] * Dr_Magnus blinks a few times. "I'm…a bit out of touch with current events…"
[2009-06-07 23:24:16] <DrSnorlison> "Burj Dubai"
[2009-06-07 23:24:17] <bright> "That reminds me… No, I'll tell you all later, when we get back."
[2009-06-07 23:24:25] <Rights> "Burj Dubai."
[2009-06-07 23:24:30] <Sorts> "Yea, the Burj, even I know that one!"
[2009-06-07 23:24:30] <DrSnorlison> "Construction was completed…."
[2009-06-07 23:24:32] * DrSnorlison considers
[2009-06-07 23:24:37] <Gerald> "Burj what now?"
[2009-06-07 23:24:39] * Lurker smiles to Bright. "I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean, sir… I'm currently attempting to get my masters in Biology so that I may become a Doctor. What's this senior staff you speak of?"
[2009-06-07 23:24:47] <DrSnorlison> "Wait. It hasn't been completed."
[2009-06-07 23:24:48] * Sorts spells it out for Gerald.
[2009-06-07 23:24:49] <Imants> "Burj Dubai!"
[2009-06-07 23:24:56] <DrSnorlison> "Hah. I wonder if it counts then…"
[2009-06-07 23:24:57] <Gerald> "Huh. Okay then."
[2009-06-07 23:24:57] <Doctor_Light> "It's done. Hasn't been opened though."
[2009-06-07 23:25:12] <Sorts> "It's already taller tho, I saw it on TV."
[2009-06-07 23:25:14] * Gerald shrugs and writes it down.
[2009-06-07 23:25:18] * Dr_Magnus looks down at the table, feeling useless.
[2009-06-07 23:25:32] <Rath> "Its Burj Dubai, since the question specifies UAE"
[2009-06-07 23:25:35] * Doctor_Light offers Magnus an onion ring
[2009-06-07 23:25:36] * bright laughs at Lurker. "Nice hat."
[2009-06-07 23:25:38] <DrSnorlison> "I can't think of anything other supertall buildings in Dubai though."
[2009-06-07 23:25:40] <pooryoric> "you okay, magnus?"
[2009-06-07 23:25:41] <Heiden_DM> "Okay, everyone, that concludes round one! We'll play a song or two, get your answers in!"
[2009-06-07 23:25:53] * Dr_Magnus takes it, smiling. "Thanks Doctor Light. I'm fine Yoric."
[2009-06-07 23:25:53] <DrSnorlison> "I'd have to go with Rath's reasoning on this one."
[2009-06-07 23:26:00] <Sorts> "Go Gerald, you are the herald of our victory."
[2009-06-07 23:26:03] * Lurker smiles. "Thank you sir, my darling Agatha here got it for me." He wraps an arm around Rights' shoulders, showcasing the ring on his glove.
[2009-06-07 23:26:07] * Sorts holds a finger up dramatically.
[2009-06-07 23:26:13] <Heiden_DM> "Round two starts after some music, and remember, even if you're behind - these questions are worth double points! You can still get this!"
[2009-06-07 23:26:16] * Rights quietly blushes and facepalms.
[2009-06-07 23:26:18] * Dumount squeeks softly
[2009-06-07 23:26:21] <Gerald> "Uh, sure."
[2009-06-07 23:26:23] * Dumount blushes
[2009-06-07 23:26:26] * Rath orders another beer
[2009-06-07 23:26:45] * Doctor_Light drinks her drink. "That is one damn angry wombat."
[2009-06-07 23:26:45] <DrSnorlison> "I think, though, that the Burj Dubai has reached it's tallest height."
[2009-06-07 23:26:47] * pooryoric smiles at magnus. "you look a little worried, micheal. feeling out of pace?"
[2009-06-07 23:26:48] * Agent_Strelnikov finishes his glass of vodka and orders a third.
[2009-06-07 23:26:49] * Dr_Magnus tries to order a glass of scotch again, but doesn't get the waitresses attention.
[2009-06-07 23:26:50] * Lurker drinks down another Wellington's as it arrives, leaving the next one infront of him, which he keeps eyeing carefully.
[2009-06-07 23:26:53] <DrSnorlison> "What do they call that… there's a name for that."
[2009-06-07 23:27:00] <Heiden_DM> The local pop station gets put on the speakers, blaring the latest hits as everyone goes up to turn their sheets in.
[2009-06-07 23:27:08] * Agent_Strelnikov starts smoking again as he waits for the next drink.
[2009-06-07 23:27:08] <Dr_Magnus> "I guess Yoric…I don't…"
[2009-06-07 23:27:10] <Sorts> "Oh god I hate this song."
[2009-06-07 23:27:15] * bright heads to the dance floor to shake her ass for a bit
[2009-06-07 23:27:17] * Gerald stands up and walks over to the guy and turns in the paper.
[2009-06-07 23:27:39] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…"
[2009-06-07 23:27:41] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Excuse me."
[2009-06-07 23:27:44] * Gerald sits down and orders another drink.
[2009-06-07 23:27:45] <Heiden_DM> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqBj8aTMN8&feature=PlayList&p=201B2BD5381904E1&index=0 comes on the radio.
[2009-06-07 23:27:47] * Agent_Strelnikov pushes his seat out and stubs his cigarette.
[2009-06-07 23:27:49] <pooryoric> "it's okay. i'm not one for bars and trivia either. just enjoy the company."
[2009-06-07 23:27:55] * Agent_Strelnikov cracks his neck and adjusts his uniform. Looking sharp.
[2009-06-07 23:28:03] * Agent_Strelnikov strides up to the dance floor and begins dancing with Bright.
[2009-06-07 23:28:05] * DrSnorlison finishes up his radish, finishes up his beer, continues to nurse his scotch, and orders the house chili or a hotter one if he can find it.
[2009-06-07 23:28:12] * Gerald looks at the music.
[2009-06-07 23:28:13] * Agent_Strelnikov dances to Poker Face. With Bright.
[2009-06-07 23:28:17] * Rights stares.
[2009-06-07 23:28:22] <Gerald> "Goddamn, I hate this song."
[2009-06-07 23:28:27] * Doctor_Light laughs hysterically.
[2009-06-07 23:28:28] * Dr_Magnus stands up, and walks over to the bar, ordering a drink directly from the bartender this time, and drinks slowly, watching the entire scene before him.
[2009-06-07 23:28:30] * Imants hates this music.
[2009-06-07 23:28:36] * Lurker nuzzles against Rights' cheek gently. "Mine." He says softly, then gently nips her earlobe.
[2009-06-07 23:28:36] <Agent_Strelnikov> [fuck you i love this song]
[2009-06-07 23:28:38] <DrSnorlison> "We should see if they have a request night."
[2009-06-07 23:28:39] * bright dances like a hoochie mama. Wherever he learned to dance, it probably had a lot of poles.
[2009-06-07 23:28:40] <Sorts> "Actually, it's growing on me."
[2009-06-07 23:28:54] * Agent_Strelnikov is a surprisingly good dancer. It just requires alcohol.
[2009-06-07 23:28:54] <DrSnorlison> "Then we can request songs like "The Sun Is A Mass" and "James K. Polk."
[2009-06-07 23:28:59] * Agent_Strelnikov bumps Bright with his ass.
[2009-06-07 23:29:06] * Imants stands awkwardly next to yoric and Sorts.
[2009-06-07 23:29:13] <Doctor_Light> "Hi, Imants."
[2009-06-07 23:29:16] * pooryoric grins. "you look annoyed, imants. what's up?"
[2009-06-07 23:29:18] <Sorts> "Of incandecsent gas?"
[2009-06-07 23:29:20] <Imants> "Hey Light"
[2009-06-07 23:29:30] <DrSnorlison> "You know it Sorts."
[2009-06-07 23:29:32] * bright is an expert on 'bump and grind'
[2009-06-07 23:29:37] <Imants> "I don't think I'm very good at socializing."
[2009-06-07 23:29:38] * Rights blushes a little…before leaning over and whispering something to Lurker, then getting up and walking out casually. "I'll be right back, guys, just gonna grab some air."
[2009-06-07 23:29:42] <Imants> "Actually-"
[2009-06-07 23:29:43] * Agent_Strelnikov grinds with Bright.
[2009-06-07 23:29:48] <Agent_Strelnikov> To Poker Face.
[2009-06-07 23:29:53] <Heiden_DM> The points are being tabulated.
[2009-06-07 23:29:54] * Imants spots the glint of a few watches among the crowd.
[2009-06-07 23:29:57] <Sorts> "Oh lord, how will I unsee that."
[2009-06-07 23:30:08] <Imants> "I…. think I'll be right back."
[2009-06-07 23:30:13] * Imants goes off to farm the crowd.
[2009-06-07 23:30:14] * DrSnorlison hands Sorts his scotch as fumes well up
[2009-06-07 23:30:17] <DrSnorlison> "With that."
[2009-06-07 23:30:17] * Lurker blinks and stands up, following Rights.
[2009-06-07 23:30:18] * Gerald watches Dmitri and Bright. he looks like he's gonna vomit.
[2009-06-07 23:30:23] * Doctor_Light is laughing sp hard she can't speak.
[2009-06-07 23:30:25] <Doctor_Light> *so
[2009-06-07 23:30:40] <pooryoric> "light, having fun?"
[2009-06-07 23:30:41] * Sorts holds the scotch the way one might hold a large slug, "What?"
[2009-06-07 23:30:47] * DrSnorlison smiles at Strelnikov and Bright
[2009-06-07 23:30:57] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:30:59] <Gerald> "Wat."
[2009-06-07 23:30:59] * Agent_Strelnikov and Bright are pretty obscene.
[2009-06-07 23:31:02] * bright stumbles forward suddenly, 963 swinging free. But his hand catches it before he goes all the way down, and he tucks it back into the skin contact.
[2009-06-07 23:31:06] <DrSnorlison> "It's my favorite part of the bar! Strange people dancing obscenely!"
[2009-06-07 23:31:10] <DrSnorlison> "I like people watching."
[2009-06-07 23:31:16] * Doctor_Light points at Bright and Strelnikov and continues laughing.
[2009-06-07 23:31:16] <Heiden_DM> The waitress comes over to Magnus and asks, "Anything you need, hon?" She isn't unattractive… she isn't attractive, either. She's actually, well, frighteningly forgettable.
[2009-06-07 23:31:25] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:31:25] * Imants appears, sporting newly bulging pockets.
[2009-06-07 23:31:28] <Sorts> "Oh, right."
[2009-06-07 23:31:30] * Gerald gulps his drink.
[2009-06-07 23:31:49] * Rath sips his beer and eats some hot wings
[2009-06-07 23:31:52] * Sorts frowns for a moment, then sets Snorlison's drink down and rubs his chin. "Sir? Doctor Snorlison?"
[2009-06-07 23:31:53] * Imants gulps down his Iced Tea and orders more.
[2009-06-07 23:32:00] * pooryoric thinks for a moment.
[2009-06-07 23:32:01] <DrSnorlison> "Yes, Sorts?"
[2009-06-07 23:32:02] * Dr_Magnus looks at the waitress oddly…something about her… "No..thank you my dear. I beleive I'm alright."
[2009-06-07 23:32:13] <Sorts> "You said you came here before, yeah?"
[2009-06-07 23:32:15] * Gerald watches the waitress.
[2009-06-07 23:32:28] <DrSnorlison> "Sure, sure."
[2009-06-07 23:32:38] <Sorts> "Do they have trivia night a lot, then?"
[2009-06-07 23:32:39] <Heiden_DM> "Alright, hon, well, let me know." She bustles off. The music is beginning to wind down.
[2009-06-07 23:32:53] <DrSnorlison> "They used to have it biweekly."
[2009-06-07 23:32:57] <pooryoric> "huh… nevermind."
[2009-06-07 23:33:04] <DrSnorlison> "I hear they're thinking about changing the schedule."
[2009-06-07 23:33:08] * Sorts is experiencing a sudden onset of paranoia. "Oh. Did they recently renovate?"
[2009-06-07 23:33:17] * Doctor_Light slaps the table and can't look at either Bright or Dmitri.
[2009-06-07 23:33:20] * Agent_Strelnikov stumbles off of the dance floor and plops back down in his chair next to Rights, sweating quite a bit.
[2009-06-07 23:33:27] <DrSnorlison> "That's why they're changing the schedule I think."
[2009-06-07 23:33:27] * Dr_Magnus walks back to the table, and sits down as the music is winding down, looking a bit concerned, but otherwise normal.
[2009-06-07 23:33:31] <DrSnorlison> "Trying to get a new crowd."
[2009-06-07 23:33:35] * Iceberg keeps trying to ignore them. It gets harder, since he's also recording the dancing with his cell.
[2009-06-07 23:33:38] * Agent_Strelnikov sways back and forth.
[2009-06-07 23:33:45] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…..Mo mo mo mo."
[2009-06-07 23:33:45] <Sorts> "They've already got quite a few participants."
[2009-06-07 23:33:46] * Imants waves at the waitress.
[2009-06-07 23:33:53] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Can not read my…."
[2009-06-07 23:33:57] <Agent_Strelnikov> "….can not read my poker face."
[2009-06-07 23:34:02] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:34:06] * Agent_Strelnikov giggles and starts on the third glass of vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:34:06] * Rights isn't in her seat anymore…actualy, her and Lurker can't be seen in the tavern anywhere.
[2009-06-07 23:34:08] * Gerald drops his head onto the table.
[2009-06-07 23:34:22] * bright drops into her seat
[2009-06-07 23:34:55] * Doctor_Light takes large gasps of air, hears Strelnikov and starts up again.
[2009-06-07 23:35:17] * pooryoric is laughing uncontrollably.
[2009-06-07 23:35:19] * Agent_Strelnikov nods at Bright and salutes with his glass of vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:35:21] * Imants starts to hum to himself…. "pon-pon-patapon-pon-pon…."
[2009-06-07 23:35:22] * Dumount doesn't dance
[2009-06-07 23:35:28] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Actuallies."
[2009-06-07 23:35:33] * Agent_Strelnikov gets up and stumbles over to Bright's table.
[2009-06-07 23:35:42] * Agent_Strelnikov plops down across from Bright.
[2009-06-07 23:35:48] * Sorts looks around the crowd, sees the others laughing and having a good time, but his palms are a little sweaty and maybe it was just the drink…he wasn't much for beer.
[2009-06-07 23:35:56] * DrSnorlison starts humming "Surgery in the Sky"
[2009-06-07 23:36:00] <bright> "Dmitri
[2009-06-07 23:36:07] * Doctor_Light covers her whole mouth with her hand so that she can watch the two while retaining her dignity
[2009-06-07 23:36:27] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…Hi."
[2009-06-07 23:36:29] * Agent_Strelnikov burps.
[2009-06-07 23:36:32] * DrSnorlison quietly takes back his scotch from Sorts while Sorts is looking around
[2009-06-07 23:36:41] <Sorts> "Sorry, Doctor."
[2009-06-07 23:36:58] <Heiden_DM> The MC comes back up to the microphone. "Okay, folks, scores from round one have been tabulated… results are as follows."
[2009-06-07 23:37:05] * Gerald sits in his chair, sipping his drink and waiting for the next round.
[2009-06-07 23:37:10] * Sorts returns to his seat.
[2009-06-07 23:37:17] * DrSnorlison is a little miffed that Sorts noticed
[2009-06-07 23:37:21] <DrSnorlison> "Oh, no, no."
[2009-06-07 23:37:39] <bright> "Evening."
[2009-06-07 23:37:53] <DrSnorlison> "I was going to get another if you were interested."
[2009-06-07 23:37:58] <Agent_Strelnikov> "….Good dance. Is fun." He lights another cigarette.
[2009-06-07 23:38:02] * Doctor_Light glances at Sort,s but is still Bright and Strelnikov
[2009-06-07 23:38:09] <Doctor_Light> *Sorts,
[2009-06-07 23:38:11] <Sorts> "It's a little hard for me, I usually don't have anything stronger than a soda."
[2009-06-07 23:38:26] <Heiden_DM> "Team … you know, we didn't ask you to name your teams. I'm just going to go by numbers, pointing as I go. Sorry, folks." He's obnoxiously charismatic, like Vince from the Sham-Wow ads.
[2009-06-07 23:38:29] <Sorts> "I know, lame."
[2009-06-07 23:38:54] <DrSnorlison> "To each their own delicious vices. "
[2009-06-07 23:38:56] * Gerald looks around, guessing where Rights and Lurker went to.
[2009-06-07 23:38:59] * Sorts mutters something about how its weird that a bunch of regular trivia players didn't have team names.
[2009-06-07 23:39:00] <pooryoric> "no worries, sorts. ask heiden or light about me drinking sometime."
[2009-06-07 23:39:02] <Agent_Strelnikov> "…I think I am ask for that song again."
[2009-06-07 23:39:15] * Agent_Strelnikov flags a waitress down and asks for a fourth glass of vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:39:35] * Dr_Magnus tries to be as unnoticeable as possible.
[2009-06-07 23:39:36] * bright arches an eyebrow
[2009-06-07 23:39:37] * Gerald orders some barbecue wings this time.
[2009-06-07 23:39:39] <Heiden_DM> He gestures to the SCP table. "Leading the pack, these folks right here nailed every question in Round 1! They're the ones to beat, folks, and you heard me call it first!"
[2009-06-07 23:39:43] * Dumount finishes her food
[2009-06-07 23:39:49] * Gerald grins.
[2009-06-07 23:39:55] * Agent_Strelnikov stands up.
[2009-06-07 23:39:56] * Dumount looks startled
[2009-06-07 23:39:58] * Agent_Strelnikov begins to shout.
[2009-06-07 23:40:00] * Doctor_Light claps
[2009-06-07 23:40:02] <Agent_Strelnikov> "AND IF YOU BEAT THEM I KILL YOU."
[2009-06-07 23:40:07] * Agent_Strelnikov sits back down with a thud.
[2009-06-07 23:40:08] * Dumount blushes a bit, looks around the bar
[2009-06-07 23:40:09] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:40:11] * Rath stands up and bows
[2009-06-07 23:40:21] * Gerald just sits there.
[2009-06-07 23:40:22] * bright throws a roll at Dmitri
[2009-06-07 23:40:28] * DrSnorlison quietly facepalms again, but ruins it by smiling, and continues even after Strelnikov's outburst
[2009-06-07 23:40:33] * Agent_Strelnikov is stunned by the attack.
[2009-06-07 23:40:34] * DrSnorlison however he does say
[2009-06-07 23:40:47] * Dr_Magnus focusins as hard as he can on dissapearing…which obviously doesn't work.
[2009-06-07 23:40:50] <DrSnorlison> "Strelnikov, you should sit down. We might get thrown out otherwise."
[2009-06-07 23:40:50] * Dumount throws a spoon at Strell
[2009-06-07 23:40:52] * Agent_Strelnikov fumbles with the roll and begins eating it. It's the first food he has had all day.
[2009-06-07 23:40:59] <bright> "Public, Dmitri."
[2009-06-07 23:41:00] <Dumount> "Gee thanks mr violent"
[2009-06-07 23:41:03] * Imants looks askance at Strel
[2009-06-07 23:41:05] <Heiden_DM> Everyone just… looks at Strelnikov a moment. Dead silence reigns.
[2009-06-07 23:41:06] <Dumount> "And your big… sexy…"
[2009-06-07 23:41:08] <pooryoric> "imants. i saw you working the crowd, man. get anything good?"
[2009-06-07 23:41:09] * Dumount shuts up
[2009-06-07 23:41:17] <DrSnorlison> "See, I'm hoping everyone things we're really enthusiastic RPers."
[2009-06-07 23:41:20] <Dumount> "He's JOKING!"
[2009-06-07 23:41:22] <Heiden_DM> "Well, uh, okay, then, folks! You heard it from the man himself!"
[2009-06-07 23:41:28] <Heiden_DM> The MC laughs.
[2009-06-07 23:41:30] <Agent_Strelnikov> "Was I do somethings wrong?" He looks up at Bright.
[2009-06-07 23:41:31] * Dumount anounces loudly to everyone else
[2009-06-07 23:41:33] <Sorts> "I did not bring my bag of lightning bolts, Doctor Snorlison"
[2009-06-07 23:41:35] * pooryoric looks at dumoount. "you're a guy, dumount."
[2009-06-07 23:41:37] <Dumount> "If he kills anyone I'll kill him!"
[2009-06-07 23:41:47] * Gerald puts his head on the table.
[2009-06-07 23:41:49] <bright> "You do not theaten to kill mundanes."
[2009-06-07 23:41:53] <DrSnorlison> "I've got some! You can share mine!"
[2009-06-07 23:42:04] <Agent_Strelnikov> "OOPSSS." He gets up and staggers to the bar.
[2009-06-07 23:42:08] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-07 23:42:09] <pooryoric> "no threatening the muggles, streldamort."
[2009-06-07 23:42:15] * Sorts cracks a little smile in spite of himself, "I've never touched another man's lightning bolt, Doctor."
[2009-06-07 23:42:16] <DrSnorlison> "I've also got a scroll of Charm Person somewhere."
[2009-06-07 23:42:30] <Heiden_DM> The MC rattles through the teams. There's actually about fifteen here, surprisingly. A lot of them didn't even score, which is embarrassing for them.
[2009-06-07 23:42:33] <DrSnorlison> "Might be your time to get lucky, eh? Since you weren't into the whole… uh… lightning bolt thing."
[2009-06-07 23:42:38] * Gerald can only hope the next round comes up soon.
[2009-06-07 23:42:42] * Iceberg is recording this too, discretely. He doesn't want to mess up his date, but this shit is gold.
[2009-06-07 23:42:44] <Doctor_Light> "I have a deadly microorganism," Sophia says, showing it to whoever's closest.
[2009-06-07 23:42:47] <pooryoric> "can i borrow that scroll, snorl?"
[2009-06-07 23:42:53] * Doctor_Light thinks about biology all the time
[2009-06-07 23:42:53] <Imants> "Huh, what?"
[2009-06-07 23:42:58] * Sorts chuckles a little.
[2009-06-07 23:43:02] * bright throws a roll at Snorlison. "Magic missile!"
[2009-06-07 23:43:05] * Agent_Strelnikov plops down at the bar, annoyingly close to Iceberg.
[2009-06-07 23:43:08] <Imants> "I have no idea what you're talking about."
[2009-06-07 23:43:10] <Heiden_DM> Four teams scored and have a chance to come out with the win. For convenience, they're: Team 1, with 2, Team 2, with 2, Team 3, with 1, and Team 4, with 3.
[2009-06-07 23:43:10] <DrSnorlison> "yoric, I thought you supposedly had that spell as a class tra- ow!"
[2009-06-07 23:43:18] * Imants is a terrible liar
[2009-06-07 23:43:21] * DrSnorlison looks at the landed roll in his lap
[2009-06-07 23:43:29] * DrSnorlison pulls a Strelnikov and eats it
[2009-06-07 23:43:31] * Dumount looks under the table, sees lurker and Rights
[2009-06-07 23:43:35] <pooryoric> "you can never dep too much, snorl."
[2009-06-07 23:43:43] * Iceberg turns away from Strel.
[2009-06-07 23:44:01] <DrSnorlison> "Man, got to admire Imants' dedication to his role."
[2009-06-07 23:44:03] <Heiden_DM> "Round two's about to begin! The questions are a… little bit off the beaten path, but they're double points, so do your best!"
[2009-06-07 23:44:06] * Dumount looks under the table, pretends to see lurker and rights
[2009-06-07 23:44:07] * Rath seems more relaxed with the absense of lurker
[2009-06-07 23:44:11] <Imants> "Role?"
[2009-06-07 23:44:13] * pooryoric smiles at light and her proudness of her diseases.
[2009-06-07 23:44:22] * Gerald looks up with interest.
[2009-06-07 23:44:24] * Agent_Strelnikov drinks quietly at the bar, chain smoking as he does so.
[2009-06-07 23:44:29] * Doctor_Light puts the test tube away
[2009-06-07 23:44:37] <Imants> "What are you talking about?"
[2009-06-07 23:44:41] * pooryoric laughs.
[2009-06-07 23:44:43] * Doctor_Light listens intently
[2009-06-07 23:44:47] <pooryoric> "what, imants?"
[2009-06-07 23:44:52] * Imants is also a little woozy after downing an Iced Tea"
[2009-06-07 23:45:04] * Gerald gets another drink.
[2009-06-07 23:45:07] <Imants> "Snorlison was talking about my dedication to my role"
[2009-06-07 23:45:32] <DrSnorlison> "He doesn't even break for a moment! I am in awe! Still… we should let the man do his work."
[2009-06-07 23:45:43] <pooryoric> "well, you're obviously dedicated to your role, imants."
[2009-06-07 23:45:50] <Imants> "What role is that.:
[2009-06-07 23:45:53] <Imants> ?"*
[2009-06-07 23:46:02] <Heiden_DM> "Question one, round two! Pencils ready!" The MC does that obnoxious laugh again… but this time something sounds /wrong/. The TVs all display a burst of static for a split-second.
[2009-06-07 23:46:07] <Imants> "YOu know what?"
[2009-06-07 23:46:10] <Imants> "Nevermind"
[2009-06-07 23:46:12] <DrSnorlison> "Dutiful employee, Imants!"
[2009-06-07 23:46:13] * Gerald thinks something is up.
[2009-06-07 23:46:13] * pooryoric shrugs. one criminal to another.
[2009-06-07 23:46:15] * Sorts flop sweats.
[2009-06-07 23:46:15] * bright twitches.
[2009-06-07 23:46:16] <DrSnorlison> "Like all of us."
[2009-06-07 23:46:20] <Imants> "Oh..kay"
[2009-06-07 23:46:26] * Agent_Strelnikov sees that the next round is starting and staggers back to the table. He sits down next to Gerald.
[2009-06-07 23:46:26] * Rath looks up
[2009-06-07 23:46:26] <Doctor_Light> "…Hm."
[2009-06-07 23:46:29] <Heiden_DM> "Here we go!"
[2009-06-07 23:46:31] * Dumount blinks
[2009-06-07 23:46:34] * Doctor_Light is listening
[2009-06-07 23:46:35] <Dumount> "Damn"
[2009-06-07 23:46:37] * Rath nervously flips his coin a few times
[2009-06-07 23:46:42] <pooryoric> "what'cha hmming at, light?"
[2009-06-07 23:46:43] * DrSnorlison as usual, quietly notes this but doesn't say or give away anything
[2009-06-07 23:46:45] * Imants shrugs
[2009-06-07 23:46:47] <Heiden_DM> "This pond, located in [he makes a surreal-sounding, guttural noise], Canada, was famed for what characteristic before being closed off by the Canadian government and named Site-354?"
[2009-06-07 23:46:49] * Dumount an see where this is going, especialy with the forgetable waitreses
[2009-06-07 23:46:53] * bright glances at Snorlison. "Snorli…"
[2009-06-07 23:47:00] * pooryoric blinks.
[2009-06-07 23:47:05] <pooryoric> "wait, what?"
[2009-06-07 23:47:08] * Sorts looks to Bright and Snorlison.
[2009-06-07 23:47:13] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:47:13] <Iceberg> "Oh shit."
[2009-06-07 23:47:13] * Doctor_Light looks automatically at Bright and Snorl.
[2009-06-07 23:47:14] <Dr_Magnus> "Site…354…."
[2009-06-07 23:47:14] <Gerald> "What."
[2009-06-07 23:47:15] <DrSnorlison> "Okay."
[2009-06-07 23:47:17] <Gerald> "The."
[2009-06-07 23:47:19] <Gerald> "Fuck."
[2009-06-07 23:47:26] <Doctor_Light> "Guys?"
[2009-06-07 23:47:28] <DrSnorlison> "Keep your wits about you."
[2009-06-07 23:47:33] <Gerald> "Aw…shit."
[2009-06-07 23:47:35] <pooryoric> "yes, light?"
[2009-06-07 23:47:37] * Sorts waves his hands when the others react, and draws a line across his lips.
[2009-06-07 23:47:37] <Heiden_DM> The MC grins… a very, very odd grin.
[2009-06-07 23:47:41] <DrSnorlison> "Something is wrong, obviously. Let's see how it develops."
[2009-06-07 23:47:41] <Gerald> "Red pool, that SCP."
[2009-06-07 23:47:47] <Rath> "I know the answer guys.. but what the heck?"
[2009-06-07 23:47:49] * Dumount sighs
[2009-06-07 23:47:50] <Heiden_DM> NO ONE is writing. They're just sort of, well, clueless.
[2009-06-07 23:47:51] * Doctor_Light also keeps her microorganisms about her, just in case
[2009-06-07 23:47:55] * Dumount writes
[2009-06-07 23:48:08] * Sorts hisses, "Don't write anything, Gerald."
[2009-06-07 23:48:10] <DrSnorlison> "I'd… part of me says don't answer correctly."
[2009-06-07 23:48:10] * bright reaches under his chair and pulls out a large purse. He pulls sveral thin rods from the purse…and begins reassembling his cane of zapping.
[2009-06-07 23:48:11] <Dr_Magnus> "I knew something was wrong here…Doctor Snorlison…"
[2009-06-07 23:48:12] <Imants> "Yoric… I think that's an SCP"
[2009-06-07 23:48:18] <Gerald> "Yep."
[2009-06-07 23:48:22] <Gerald> "SCP-354."
[2009-06-07 23:48:23] <DrSnorlison> "But part me wonders what the penalty for answering incorrectly is."
[2009-06-07 23:48:29] <Gerald> "Ash."
[2009-06-07 23:48:32] * DrSnorlison hisses at Gerald
[2009-06-07 23:48:39] <Gerald> "Sorry."
[2009-06-07 23:48:40] <DrSnorlison> "Don't say it. Write down what you need to."
[2009-06-07 23:48:41] * Dr_Magnus leans over to Snorl. "Doctor Snorlison, that waitress I was served by is not normal.."
[2009-06-07 23:48:43] * Dumount sighs again
[2009-06-07 23:48:48] * Gerald writes down.
[2009-06-07 23:48:49] <Sorts> "Shouldn't we not act like we understand?"
[2009-06-07 23:48:52] <DrSnorlison> "The… ah… damn."
[2009-06-07 23:48:56] <pooryoric> "imant, i think you're right. we've either got a major security breach, or we're drinking at the uncanny valley bar and grill."
[2009-06-07 23:48:57] <DrSnorlison> "I'm having trouble remembering."
[2009-06-07 23:49:00] <pooryoric> *imants
[2009-06-07 23:49:04] <Doctor_Light> "We could simply not answer and leave now." Although she wants to stay and see what happens.
[2009-06-07 23:49:09] <DrSnorlison> "I think based on our reactions it's pretty obvious we're connected now."
[2009-06-07 23:49:11] * Gerald writes it down, looking frightened.
[2009-06-07 23:49:13] <Dumount> "I think we are part of an SCP" Dumount says
[2009-06-07 23:49:17] <Sorts> "Can we leave? Check the doors, someone."
[2009-06-07 23:49:18] <DrSnorlison> "Just… don't say anything incriminating."
[2009-06-07 23:49:21] <Dumount> "Play along or die is how things work"
[2009-06-07 23:49:23] <Gerald> "no."
[2009-06-07 23:49:25] <Gerald> "No leaving."
[2009-06-07 23:49:49] <DrSnorlison> "Watch what you say."
[2009-06-07 23:49:56] * Gerald looks pale.
[2009-06-07 23:50:14] * Sorts pulls out his deck of meme cards and begins nervously fussing with them.
[2009-06-07 23:50:18] * Rath looks around frantically, but trying to look calm
[2009-06-07 23:50:19] <DrSnorlison> "Let's play this out. See where it goes. Watch the crowd."
[2009-06-07 23:50:20] * Imants is thinking about running.
[2009-06-07 23:50:30] <Heiden_DM> The MC's grin seems to stretch just a little wider than it ought.
[2009-06-07 23:50:32] * Agent_Strelnikov deals with the situation by ordering another glass of vodka.
[2009-06-07 23:50:35] * Doctor_Light is suddenly hyperfocused. She's watching the crowd, oh yes.
[2009-06-07 23:50:39] <DrSnorlison> "Write down the correct answer, Gerald"
[2009-06-07 23:50:40] * Iceberg keeps his date calm. And distracted. While answering the question.
[2009-06-07 23:50:42] <Dumount> "At least, most often"
[2009-06-07 23:50:48] * Dr_Magnus pulls a pad of paper and a pen, and starts to write quickly.
[2009-06-07 23:50:53] <Gerald> "Yessir."
[2009-06-07 23:50:54] * DrSnorlison unflinchingly looks at the MC, face calm
[2009-06-07 23:50:58] * Iceberg and hiding from the others, AND recording their antics. Damn, he's good.
[2009-06-07 23:50:59] <Gerald> "I got it."
[2009-06-07 23:51:26] * pooryoric is grinning, apparently completely comfortable with this development.
[2009-06-07 23:51:31] * Dumount stands, walks over to Dr_Light
[2009-06-07 23:51:39] <Dumount> "May I borrow one of your microbes?"
[2009-06-07 23:51:46] <pooryoric> "light, don't kill me, please."
[2009-06-07 23:52:00] * Gerald waits for the next question.
[2009-06-07 23:52:01] * DrSnorlison looks over at Dumount
[2009-06-07 23:52:02] <Doctor_Light> "Well, they're all in this test tube. I can't quite ration them out, you understand."
[2009-06-07 23:52:05] <DrSnorlison> "What did I say?!"
[2009-06-07 23:52:09] <Regret> ^_^
[2009-06-07 23:52:16] * Rath checks and confirms that he has his knife in his pocket
[2009-06-07 23:52:20] <DrSnorlison> "Keep it quiet."
[2009-06-07 23:52:27] * bright finishes putting the ball on the top of his cane and waits.
[2009-06-07 23:52:32] * Gerald looks pale, frightened and nervous.
[2009-06-07 23:52:33] * Imants pulls out his knife and starts to twirl it (Beneath the table)
[2009-06-07 23:52:42] <Dumount> (Bright, try not to roll too high)
[2009-06-07 23:52:45] * Dr_Magnus places on hand on the edge of his seat, not moving for anything yet.
[2009-06-07 23:52:49] * Gerald is damn glad Lurker and Rights got out in time.
[2009-06-07 23:53:41] * Imants leans over and whispers to yoric.
[2009-06-07 23:56:25] <pooryoric> "imants, i like him. use dumount instead."
[2009-06-07 23:56:34] <Imants> "Oh."
[2009-06-07 23:56:42] <Imants> "But Dumounts all the way over there."
[2009-06-07 23:57:06] <pooryoric> "hmm… the russian, then."
[2009-06-07 23:57:06] * Gerald keeps his hand over the paper. It's shaking slightly.
[2009-06-07 23:57:10] <Heiden_DM> The room has been deadly silent, even the chatter's cut out. No one has even a damn clue. The waitresses have stopped their usual bustling. Must've gone back to the kitchen or breakroom… or something.
[2009-06-07 23:57:21] <Dumount> "…"
[2009-06-07 23:57:27] <DrSnorlison> "Where is Strelnikov?"
[2009-06-07 23:57:32] <Imants> "Also far away"
[2009-06-07 23:57:33] * Dumount walks to another table, one with a lesser score
[2009-06-07 23:57:39] * Dumount tells them the answer
[2009-06-07 23:57:42] * Sorts eyes the TVs, the tables, the doors, every crack and seam…
[2009-06-07 23:57:44] * Agent_Strelnikov is right next to Gerald.
[2009-06-07 23:57:45] * Dumount walks back
[2009-06-07 23:57:46] <Heiden_DM> A low murmur begins, and if you're listening, you catch snippets. "What the -hell-? How are we supposed to get that?"
[2009-06-07 23:57:47] <Agent_Strelnikov> Drinking.
[2009-06-07 23:57:50] * Doctor_Light watches Dumont.
[2009-06-07 23:57:55] <Doctor_Light> *Dumount
[2009-06-07 23:57:57] <Imants> "How about Rath?"
[2009-06-07 23:57:59] <Rath> "What did dumont just do?"
[2009-06-07 23:58:07] * Dumount sits down
[2009-06-07 23:58:10] <Dumount> "Chaff"
[2009-06-07 23:58:18] <Heiden_DM> The MC spits Dumount with a glare… his eyes are flat. "Madam, we don't condone cheating on the premises, regardless of your intentions."
[2009-06-07 23:58:19] * DrSnorlison glances at Strelnikov, trying to gauge his inebriation
[2009-06-07 23:58:22] <pooryoric> "guys… if this is an SCP… what will happen to the other teams if we win?"
[2009-06-07 23:58:34] * Gerald glares at Dumount.
[2009-06-07 23:58:34] * Agent_Strelnikov waves at Snorlison. He's tipsy thanks to his high alcohol tolerance stat.
[2009-06-07 23:58:35] * DrSnorlison calmly says
[2009-06-07 23:58:39] <Sorts> "How do we know there are other teams, Yoric."
[2009-06-07 23:58:40] <DrSnorlison> "yoric?"
[2009-06-07 23:58:40] <Imants> "We loose, is what I've been able to gather."
[2009-06-07 23:58:44] <Agent_Strelnikov> But not drunk.
[2009-06-07 23:58:48] <DrSnorlison> "What did I say?"
[2009-06-07 23:58:50] <pooryoric> "yes, snorl?"
[2009-06-07 23:58:50] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-07 23:58:54] <Agent_Strelnikov> Not yet, anyway.
[2009-06-07 23:58:54] * Dumount glares back at the MC
[2009-06-07 23:58:59] <DrSnorlison> "I will not say it again."
[2009-06-07 23:59:10] * Dumount looks at him like she's taking him apart with her mind, vivisecting him mentaly
[2009-06-07 23:59:22] <pooryoric> "what -did- you say? i was distracted by a lady with a test tube."
[2009-06-07 23:59:23] <Doctor_Light> "Henry, now." She grabs Dumount's arm and looks at the MC. "I'll keep an eye on him, mister. Sorry."
[2009-06-07 23:59:30] * Gerald glances back at the MC.
[2009-06-07 23:59:37] <DrSnorlison> "Strelnikov, I want you back over at the bar, but not alone. Take some help, though."
[2009-06-07 23:59:41] * Gerald is still looking sick.
[2009-06-07 23:59:47] <DrSnorlison> "I have a sense something may be going on out of sight."
[2009-06-07 23:59:52] <DrSnorlison> "I want to know what."
[2009-06-07 23:59:54] <Heiden_DM> The MC says caustically, "Alright, then, just so long as it doesn't happen again."
[2009-06-07 23:59:55] * Agent_Strelnikov blinks.
[2009-06-08 00:00:07] <Agent_Strelnikov> "….Da, tovarish."
[2009-06-08 00:00:08] * Sorts nods.
[2009-06-08 00:00:09] <Dr_Magnus> "I'll go Doctor…I would like to find that waitress again, if possible."
[2009-06-08 00:00:12] * Doctor_Light holds on to Dumount's arm, looking angry with him.
[2009-06-08 00:00:15] <DrSnorlison> "yoric, I said to watch what you're saying."
[2009-06-08 00:00:16] * pooryoric contemplates sneaking into the kitchen.
[2009-06-08 00:00:18] * Heiden_DM looks at the table that received an answer. "You're disqualified, of course."
[2009-06-08 00:00:21] * Agent_Strelnikov nods at Magnus, forcing some clarity to return to his mind.
[2009-06-08 00:00:25] <Dumount> (With her)
[2009-06-08 00:00:44] * Dr_Magnus discretely stands up, and follows Agent Strelnikov over to the bar, on the premise of getting another drink.
[2009-06-08 00:00:44] * Agent_Strelnikov stands up and walks to the bar, adjusting his uniform and leaving the glass of vodka on the table.
[2009-06-08 00:00:49] * Dumount blinks back "I was testing the paramiters"
[2009-06-08 00:00:59] <Heiden_DM> The table that received the answer is glaring death at you, but nothing happens other than that.
[2009-06-08 00:01:02] * Agent_Strelnikov sits at the bar and orders a strong cup of coffee.
[2009-06-08 00:01:07] <Gerald> "Dumount."
[2009-06-08 00:01:11] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount, that was very foolish."
[2009-06-08 00:01:12] <Heiden_DM> "Question two, last question before the Lightning Round!"
[2009-06-08 00:01:17] <| Regret has left #scptavern
[2009-06-08 00:01:18] * Dr_Magnus casually asks if the pretty waitress was still working, of the bartender.
[2009-06-08 00:01:22] <DrSnorlison> "Though it does answer some questions."
[2009-06-08 00:01:25] * Gerald looks back up at the MC.
[2009-06-08 00:01:28] <Rath> "Should one of us try to leave?"
[2009-06-08 00:01:32] <DrSnorlison> "No, not yet."
[2009-06-08 00:01:33] <Sorts> "Seriously."
[2009-06-08 00:01:36] <Dumount> "I have a bomb in my chest"
[2009-06-08 00:01:42] <Doctor_Light> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:01:46] <Dumount> "I figure… well, I should be the one to take risks"
[2009-06-08 00:01:55] * DrSnorlison facepalms
[2009-06-08 00:01:56] <Dumount> "Since the foundation might blow me up any time anyway"
[2009-06-08 00:02:04] <Imants> "Cool"
[2009-06-08 00:02:04] <bright> "Mhmm. "
[2009-06-08 00:02:05] <Heiden_DM> The bartender looks at Magnus, that same utter forgettability the only notable feature. "Who're you talkin' about, mister?"
[2009-06-08 00:02:06] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-08 00:02:06] * DrSnorlison thinks to himself
[2009-06-08 00:02:06] <Imants> "Go ahead"
[2009-06-08 00:02:07] <pooryoric> "he's not kidding, light." says yoric, glaring at dumount.
[2009-06-08 00:02:13] <Sorts> "We can't take you anywhere, can we?"
[2009-06-08 00:02:20] <Imants> "We'll wait here to see what happens"
[2009-06-08 00:02:20] <DrSnorlison> "DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME?! BOMBS IN CHEST?"
[2009-06-08 00:02:20] <Dr_Magnus> "I beleive her name was….Elena, miss."
[2009-06-08 00:02:40] <bright> "Synchority
[2009-06-08 00:02:45] <Doctor_Light> "I won't ask."
[2009-06-08 00:02:50] * Gerald listens ._.
[2009-06-08 00:03:15] <Dumount> "Well, I've had a bomb in my chest for years"
[2009-06-08 00:03:17] <pooryoric> "basically, no one likes him, so they put a bomb in his chest. pretty straightforward, really."
[2009-06-08 00:03:25] <Dumount> "Mann took it out and the foundation installed a new one"
[2009-06-08 00:03:27] * Sorts is in his seat shuffling index cards nervously.
[2009-06-08 00:03:27] * DrSnorlison ignores Dumount at this point
[2009-06-08 00:03:32] * Gerald waits for the next question.
[2009-06-08 00:03:56] <pooryoric> "notice that he doesn't deny that no one likes him."
[2009-06-08 00:04:13] * Dumount is actualy ignoring yoric
[2009-06-08 00:04:15] <Heiden_DM> The MC, having settled this, moves on. "Okay, okay. Question two: What nationally traded company has been under investigation by the US Government for potentially violating several health codes and international law in producing its products?
[2009-06-08 00:04:17] * DrSnorlison watches the MC, face calm, and very open
[2009-06-08 00:04:30] * bright runs his fingers across the controls of his cane. He finds his finger lovingly caressing the button marked 'Blow Dumount Up'
[2009-06-08 00:04:31] <Rath> "Oh jeez…"
[2009-06-08 00:04:36] * Gerald seems slightly relieved, and writes down the answer.
[2009-06-08 00:04:39] <Dumount> "Soap from corpes"
[2009-06-08 00:04:43] <pooryoric> "soap from corpses, probably."
[2009-06-08 00:04:44] * Dumount mutters
[2009-06-08 00:04:52] <Sorts> "Do they actually…?"
[2009-06-08 00:04:58] <Rath> "That would be my guess"
[2009-06-08 00:05:06] * Gerald is still looking quite ill, just so you know.
[2009-06-08 00:05:12] <pooryoric> "or macdonalds. one or the other."
[2009-06-08 00:05:13] * Doctor_Light is keeping an obvious eye on Stacy.
[2009-06-08 00:05:16] <bright> "Yes, actually, but you lot shouldn't know about that."
[2009-06-08 00:05:29] <Sorts> "Already forgotten, si… ma'am"
[2009-06-08 00:05:49] <pooryoric> "know about what, bright? macdonalds?"
[2009-06-08 00:05:50] * Iceberg can't believe this. It's probably gonna mess up his date as well.
[2009-06-08 00:05:51] * Dumount looks at bright "My apologies ma'am"
[2009-06-08 00:05:59] <Heiden_DM> There's… actually, a few pencils going. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean you can't make an educated guess.
[2009-06-08 00:06:00] <Gerald> "Yessir."
[2009-06-08 00:06:15] <Sorts> "I dig on some MacDonalds'. I love the nuggets and I don't care what anyone says."
[2009-06-08 00:06:17] <DrSnorlison> "It doesn't matter if you know or not."
[2009-06-08 00:07:17] * Gerald remembers briefly that he needs to request a higher security clearance.
[2009-06-08 00:07:21] <Heiden_DM> The pencils start dropping as people finish making their guesses.
[2009-06-08 00:07:23] <DrSnorlison> "Gerald, answer this"
[2009-06-08 00:07:29] * Gerald nods.
[2009-06-08 00:07:36] * DrSnorlison slips a piece of paper across the table with "Soap From Corpses"
[2009-06-08 00:07:36] <Heiden_DM> The disqualified team has mostly filed out, a few remaining to watch.
[2009-06-08 00:07:37] * Gerald already wrote it down.
[2009-06-08 00:07:38] * pooryoric reminds himself to fake a higher security clearance.
[2009-06-08 00:07:44] * Gerald grabs the paper.
[2009-06-08 00:07:46] * Agent_Strelnikov begins downing coffee as quickly as he can to drop the buzz.
[2009-06-08 00:07:50] * Gerald writes.
[2009-06-08 00:08:13] * Dr_Magnus gets frustrated at the Baretender's refusal to answer.
[2009-06-08 00:09:20] * Imants walks over to the bar and orders another Iced Tea
[2009-06-08 00:09:21] <Heiden_DM> The bartender looks at Magnus, "Well, can't rightly say I recognize the name. May've just slipped my mind, though, we did just open. I'll ask around."
[2009-06-08 00:09:31] <Dr_Magnus> "Thank you, ma'am."
[2009-06-08 00:09:34] * pooryoric goes to help light keep dumount quiet.
[2009-06-08 00:09:47] * Dr_Magnus finishes his drink quickly, and waits patiently.
[2009-06-08 00:09:48] * Dumount is currentl quiet without much effort
[2009-06-08 00:10:26] * Gerald sighs as he waits for another question.
[2009-06-08 00:10:47] * Agent_Strelnikov even quits smoking as he tries to put his game face on.
[2009-06-08 00:10:56] * Doctor_Light eats an onion ring for effect
[2009-06-08 00:10:59] * pooryoric grins. "light, i've got a roll of duct tape you can use… if it looks like stacy's had too much to drink."
[2009-06-08 00:11:13] * Imants sits back down.
[2009-06-08 00:11:14] <Heiden_DM> "Everyone, Round 2 is /done/! These fine folks over here are still the ones to top, did you score enough to do it? I guess we'll see! Just like last time, you've got 'til the end of the music to turn your sheets in, so get to it!"
[2009-06-08 00:11:16] * Sorts twirls a card.
[2009-06-08 00:11:36] <Doctor_Light> "Stacy always has had too to much to drink."
[2009-06-08 00:11:44] <Doctor_Light> "I think we'll do without the duct tape for now."
[2009-06-08 00:11:51] <Rath> "So are we turning in the right answers?"
[2009-06-08 00:12:00] <pooryoric> "as you wish…. but the offer's opn."
[2009-06-08 00:12:03] <pooryoric> *open
[2009-06-08 00:12:06] * Sorts keeps eyeing the area around him, looking for that clue that will unravel the illusion.
[2009-06-08 00:12:08] <DrSnorlison> "Yes. Let's turn in the right answers."
[2009-06-08 00:12:11] * Gerald gets up grimly and walks to the MC. Oh god, only one more question left.
[2009-06-08 00:12:17] <Heiden_DM> That obnoxious pop station comes back on. Every once in a while, a burst of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws78pQvYBZA is heard.
[2009-06-08 00:13:01] <Rath> "What is that horrible noise?"
[2009-06-08 00:13:20] * DrSnorlison looks around to see if the crowd notices
[2009-06-08 00:13:35] <Heiden_DM> The players /definitely/ have noticed.
[2009-06-08 00:13:42] * Gerald listens, looking even more sick by the second.
[2009-06-08 00:13:53] <Heiden_DM> Everyone that's been eating and playing seems very, very uncomfortable.
[2009-06-08 00:14:00] <Rath> "Gerald you going to be ok?"
[2009-06-08 00:14:03] <Doctor_Light> "Gerald?" She stops eating her onion ring.
[2009-06-08 00:14:03] * DrSnorlison still looks calm, but every now and then a gleam comes over his eyes
[2009-06-08 00:14:07] * Imants pulls yoric to the side.
[2009-06-08 00:14:09] * DrSnorlison is very much in his element.
[2009-06-08 00:14:11] * Sorts hisses "…just play it cool, guys. Be cool."
[2009-06-08 00:14:14] <Gerald> "Gah."
[2009-06-08 00:14:15] <Heiden_DM> A few of the the teams that got annihilated decide to make their exit at this point.
[2009-06-08 00:14:19] <Imants> "I don't give a shit about what other people say."
[2009-06-08 00:14:20] * pooryoric grimaces. "my god, this song is awful. i'd thought about asking you if you wanted to dance, light, but i think i'm gonna go gouge out my eardrums instead."
[2009-06-08 00:14:25] <Imants> "I'm leaving."
[2009-06-08 00:14:31] * Gerald whispers "No…."
[2009-06-08 00:14:32] * Sorts watches those exiting.
[2009-06-08 00:14:33] <DrSnorlison> "Imants, feel free."
[2009-06-08 00:14:42] * Doctor_Light glances at Snorlison and Bright again.
[2009-06-08 00:14:43] <pooryoric> "stick around, imants. there may be a prize."
[2009-06-08 00:14:44] <Imants> "Dear God."
[2009-06-08 00:14:47] <Dumount> "This place is… disconnected from reality or something"
[2009-06-08 00:14:48] * Gerald gets ready for some hot affects.
[2009-06-08 00:14:49] <Heiden_DM> The door opens freely. Exit is unimpeded.
[2009-06-08 00:14:52] * DrSnorlison glances over at Sorts, sees he's watching those leaving
[2009-06-08 00:14:54] <Gerald> *effects
[2009-06-08 00:14:58] * DrSnorlison is curious to see what happens
[2009-06-08 00:15:03] <Heiden_DM> The parking lot is a burst of fresh air, for those who choose to leave.
[2009-06-08 00:15:07] * Imants thinks very hard about leaving.
[2009-06-08 00:15:10] * bright smiles at Light. "Anyone who wishes to leave at this time may do so."
[2009-06-08 00:15:18] * Gerald shivers. He knows what's gonna happen.
[2009-06-08 00:15:23] <bright> "You will not be thought less for it."
[2009-06-08 00:15:39] <Doctor_Light> "…You aren't leaving. I figure I'm alright for now."
[2009-06-08 00:15:52] <bright> "I can come back from the dead."
[2009-06-08 00:15:52] * Sorts makes eye contact with Snorlison for a moment, then takes a deep breath and steels his will to face what comes next. He hopes his bad habit of being immune to memes keeps strong.
[2009-06-08 00:15:57] * DrSnorlison walks over to Strelnikov
[2009-06-08 00:16:02] <pooryoric> [this is far too interesting to leave. plus, there are plenty of us here. we'll be fiiiiine.]
[2009-06-08 00:16:09] * Gerald looks at Bright, envious.
[2009-06-08 00:16:10] * Dumount nods to Bright "I'm staying. A doctor will be needed, and if you need I can get close to something you can't and you can blow me up. I know you have the detinator"
[2009-06-08 00:16:12] * Imants decides that whatever happens, it'll be good to have someone to watch his back in the next few years. He stays.
[2009-06-08 00:16:12] * Dr_Magnus taps the bar irritably. "Are you sure that there's no Elena working here?" He says to the bartender.
[2009-06-08 00:16:19] <Dumount> "For the greater good and all"
[2009-06-08 00:16:23] <DrSnorlison> "Strelnikov, I want you to go with the ones who are leaving. I don't know what's going on here, and I don't know what the penalty for leaving is."
[2009-06-08 00:16:24] * Agent_Strelnikov looks up at Snorlison.
[2009-06-08 00:16:34] * Agent_Strelnikov nods. "Da, tovarish. I be in touch."
[2009-06-08 00:16:36] * Gerald leans over to Bright.
[2009-06-08 00:16:40] <bright> "Right. Blow you up for the greater good. Right."
[2009-06-08 00:16:43] * DrSnorlison walks back to tha table
[2009-06-08 00:16:50] * Rath nervously flips his coin, heads appears.
[2009-06-08 00:16:51] * Doctor_Light shrugs. "Snorlison can't, though."
[2009-06-08 00:16:54] <Rath> "I will stay"
[2009-06-08 00:16:57] * Agent_Strelnikov dutifully trails the patrons as they exit.
[2009-06-08 00:17:05] <Gerald> "Uh, sir? I think now would be a good time to ask if I can have a higher security clearance."
[2009-06-08 00:17:12] * DrSnorlison walks up a smile on his face
[2009-06-08 00:17:21] <Sorts> "I'll stay too in case of a mental attack." Sorts says glumly.
[2009-06-08 00:17:23] =-= Agent_Strelnikov is now known as Waxx
[2009-06-08 00:17:27] * DrSnorlison a genuine smile
[2009-06-08 00:17:30] <DrSnorlison> "What can't I do?"
[2009-06-08 00:17:34] * Dr_Magnus taps the bar irritably still, looking around to see if he can catch a glimpse of the waistaff.
[2009-06-08 00:17:38] <DrSnorlison> "What can't I do, Sophia?"*
[2009-06-08 00:17:51] <bright> "No, but Snorlison, has been through this." And to Gerald. "We'll see. Which reminds me. everyone? Starting tommorrow, yearly reviews. I'll be talking to you all idividually."
[2009-06-08 00:17:56] <pooryoric> "bright, when you blow up dumount, can you make sure i have something to hide behind? you're welcome to kill me in person, but i'd rather die with someone i like."
[2009-06-08 00:18:03] * Imants starts to listen to his iPod
[2009-06-08 00:18:27] <Doctor_Light> "Well… …." She pauses for a long time, thinking. "I'll stay."
[2009-06-08 00:18:39] <pooryoric> "staying."
[2009-06-08 00:19:01] <Imants> It makes him feel better.
[2009-06-08 00:19:55] * Doctor_Light is actually deeply worried and terrified at this point, but the scientist in her needs to know what's going on, and she does a good job of hiding the other part
[2009-06-08 00:20:13] * Gerald looks sick.
[2009-06-08 00:20:18] * Dumount waits
[2009-06-08 00:20:30] <bright> "Well then. Try not to die, you're learning how to make the cofee right."
[2009-06-08 00:20:32] <Heiden_DM> The music begins winding down again. The MC walks up to the microphone, that smarmy, obnoxious grin stretching too-wide again for just a split second.
[2009-06-08 00:20:34] * Sorts looks pretty cool considering his usual demeanor.
[2009-06-08 00:20:35] * pooryoric frowns at light. "you… should hav left when you had the chance."
[2009-06-08 00:20:51] * Dumount sighs, glaring at the MC
[2009-06-08 00:20:56] <bright> "Feel free to use yoric as a human shield.
[2009-06-08 00:21:00] * Rath watches the MC closely
[2009-06-08 00:21:10] <Heiden_DM> "Alright, the scores are in and - ?"
[2009-06-08 00:21:17] <Doctor_Light> "I though you were the one that couldn't die." She grins unexpectedly.
[2009-06-08 00:21:24] * pooryoric thwaps dumount on the back of the head. "that's rude."
[2009-06-08 00:21:25] <Heiden_DM> A waitress has hurried up the stage and grabbed the MC.
[2009-06-08 00:21:28] * Iceberg sticks around, to see what happens. And besides, he can't just tell his date to simply leave already……
[2009-06-08 00:21:40] * Doctor_Light watches
[2009-06-08 00:21:44] * Dr_Magnus looks up at the waitress, wide eyed. "That's-"
[2009-06-08 00:21:47] <Heiden_DM> It may or may not be Elena… they're preternaturally generic people. You couldn't identify them if you wanted to.
[2009-06-08 00:22:12] <Dumount> "Bone structure not within human variation levels. Too alike"
[2009-06-08 00:22:13] * DrSnorlison hears this, and walks over to Magnus
[2009-06-08 00:22:21] <DrSnorlison> "Is that who you saw before?"
[2009-06-08 00:22:26] * bright winks.
[2009-06-08 00:22:30] <Heiden_DM> The MC says, "Oh, looks like my replacement's here, folks!" He lets out a laugh, sounding again… somehow /wrong/.
[2009-06-08 00:22:49] <Dr_Magnus> "I think…that's…"
[2009-06-08 00:22:58] <Sorts> "Who is it, Magnus?"
[2009-06-08 00:22:59] <pooryoric> "his… replacement?"
[2009-06-08 00:23:00] * Dr_Magnus looks into Doctor Snorlison's eyes. "I think that's my daughter, Elena."
[2009-06-08 00:23:04] <Heiden_DM> The MC is led offstage and out the back.
[2009-06-08 00:23:06] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-08 00:23:09] <Imants> "Yoric, grab Doctor Light, we' should leave"
[2009-06-08 00:23:15] <Doctor_Light> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:23:18] * Gerald shakes his head furiously.
[2009-06-08 00:23:20] <Sorts> "I didn't bring any weapons…"
[2009-06-08 00:23:23] * DrSnorlison looks quizzically at Magnus
[2009-06-08 00:23:25] <DrSnorlison> "Hmm."
[2009-06-08 00:23:31] * pooryoric turns to light. "ah… he may be right."
[2009-06-08 00:23:35] * DrSnorlison glances at this new development
[2009-06-08 00:23:36] * Doctor_Light glances at Imants, then the seniors again.
[2009-06-08 00:23:38] <Rath> "A strange time for an exit"
[2009-06-08 00:23:41] * bright nods to Imants as she stands. "Agreed."
[2009-06-08 00:23:42] <Heiden_DM> A man in an incredibly classy suit takes the stage… somehow, you didn't notice him until now.
[2009-06-08 00:23:54] * Imants stands up as soon as the man comes on.
[2009-06-08 00:23:55] <DrSnorlison> "Come back to the table Magnus."
[2009-06-08 00:23:58] * Gerald looks even more panicked at the sight of this man.
[2009-06-08 00:24:05] <pooryoric> "tam would kill this man on sight. just for that suit."
[2009-06-08 00:24:11] <DrSnorlison> "I have a feeling."
[2009-06-08 00:24:12] * Dumount shakes her head "If he says please allow.."
[2009-06-08 00:24:16] * Dr_Magnus grinds his teeth for a moment. "Sir-?!"
[2009-06-08 00:24:20] * Gerald recognizes the description.
[2009-06-08 00:24:24] * DrSnorlison turns away, and walks back to the table
[2009-06-08 00:24:38] <Gerald> "Dr. Snorlison?"
[2009-06-08 00:24:48] * DrSnorlison walks back to the table, and looks at Gerald
[2009-06-08 00:24:53] <DrSnorlison> "Yes, Rodney?"
[2009-06-08 00:24:55] * bright stands beside Snorlison.
[2009-06-08 00:25:02] * Doctor_Light looks at Bright after his comment.
[2009-06-08 00:25:07] * Imants can be heard singing. "Turn the tables and watch them run…."
[2009-06-08 00:25:10] <bright> "Shit."
[2009-06-08 00:25:18] <Heiden_DM> "To all you folks out in TV-land, hey! Welcome to the Lightning Round!" He doesn't add that obnoxious tone to it the MC did before.
[2009-06-08 00:25:21] * Dr_Magnus is caught between a direct order, and his past…but walks back to the table, sitting at the end.
[2009-06-08 00:25:21] * Gerald whispers to him.
[2009-06-08 00:25:21] <Imants> "My pain the weapon they can't outgun…"
[2009-06-08 00:25:44] <Heiden_DM> "Remember folks, this episode is being filmed before a live studio audience."
[2009-06-08 00:25:45] * Imants finally sits back down, but tensed and ready to blot.
[2009-06-08 00:25:47] <Imants> bolt*
[2009-06-08 00:25:52] <Heiden_DM> You don't see any cameras.
[2009-06-08 00:25:55] * Sorts hangs his head for a moment, he didn't think he would be disbelieving his way home today.
[2009-06-08 00:25:56] * bright drains his beer.
[2009-06-08 00:26:08] * Gerald drinks the rest of his drink.
[2009-06-08 00:26:10] <pooryoric> "oh, shit. i know what this is…"
[2009-06-08 00:26:13] <Heiden_DM> "Now, the scores are… let me see." He paws through the score list for a moment.
[2009-06-08 00:26:17] <Imants> "What?"
[2009-06-08 00:26:21] * DrSnorlison inexplicably sings
[2009-06-08 00:26:26] <DrSnorlison> "The statue got me high."
[2009-06-08 00:26:26] <Heiden_DM> "Oh, yes indeed! /Quite/ good!"
[2009-06-08 00:26:34] <DrSnorlison> "The statue got me high…"
[2009-06-08 00:26:35] <Rath> "This reminds me of something I saw on tv…"
[2009-06-08 00:26:45] * Gerald still looks pale.
[2009-06-08 00:26:46] <Heiden_DM> "These fine fellows scored a perfect eight points, absolutely unmatched!"
[2009-06-08 00:26:56] <pooryoric> "guys… we -really- should've left."
[2009-06-08 00:26:56] <Heiden_DM> He gestures to the table.
[2009-06-08 00:27:00] * Doctor_Light realizes she hasn't left and is slightly more panicked then she was before. But she supresses it.
[2009-06-08 00:27:01] * Sorts starts singing along with Snorlison.
[2009-06-08 00:27:02] <Gerald> "How the *hell* did we end up here?""
[2009-06-08 00:27:06] <Imants> "Yeah well, too late now."
[2009-06-08 00:27:09] * Dumount mutters something gutteral and nasty
[2009-06-08 00:27:18] * DrSnorlison only sings for a few moments, to get the idea across, and then stops
[2009-06-08 00:27:25] * Dr_Magnus doesn't notice the MC, still trying to see into the back room.
[2009-06-08 00:27:26] <Heiden_DM> The door's locked. Not just locked, but maybe even barricaded.
[2009-06-08 00:27:27] * pooryoric grabs doctor light. "run for the door. now."
[2009-06-08 00:27:41] <Imants> "Let's go."
[2009-06-08 00:27:42] <Dumount> "No, it's too late"
[2009-06-08 00:27:47] <Dumount> "Do you want to kill her?"
[2009-06-08 00:27:47] <Heiden_DM> The back room doors are shut, as well.
[2009-06-08 00:27:54] * pooryoric sees the barricades, and slumps. "oh, fuck."
[2009-06-08 00:27:54] <Gerald> "None of you are leaving."
[2009-06-08 00:27:57] <Dumount> "Leaving the room results in death"
[2009-06-08 00:28:01] <Dumount> "After this point"
[2009-06-08 00:28:07] <Doctor_Light> "Okay." She isn't going to question that.
[2009-06-08 00:28:14] <Dumount> "But… maybe… maybe we can kill it…"
[2009-06-08 00:28:18] <DrSnorlison> "Camera phone. Caemra phone."
[2009-06-08 00:28:21] * Rath checks to confirm his knife is still in his pocket
[2009-06-08 00:28:22] * Gerald laughs.
[2009-06-08 00:28:23] <Imants> "I'm not going to sit around here and wait for death so you can satisfy your curiosity."
[2009-06-08 00:28:25] <Heiden_DM> "So, you fine, intelligent men and women, who's going to participate in this final Lightning Round!"
[2009-06-08 00:28:25] <Doctor_Light> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:28:34] <DrSnorlison> "Does someone have their camera phone? Or a recording device?"
[2009-06-08 00:28:43] * Sorts raises a hand.
[2009-06-08 00:28:46] <Gerald> "Er, I do, sir."
[2009-06-08 00:28:46] <pooryoric> "light… it's locked, isn't it?"
[2009-06-08 00:28:50] <Rath> "My phone's camera broke"
[2009-06-08 00:29:06] * Dr_Magnus looks up. "What the hell's a camera phone?"
[2009-06-08 00:29:06] <Rath> "Been meaning to fix it…"
[2009-06-08 00:29:08] * Dumount whispers "Bright… do you think we can kill it?"
[2009-06-08 00:29:09] <DrSnorlison> "Film this, if possible."
[2009-06-08 00:29:11] <Doctor_Light> "I don't know," she says quietly. "Maybe."
[2009-06-08 00:29:11] <Heiden_DM> "Send one team member up, and since we're a little pressed for time at the moment," he lets out a small laugh. He's actually remarkably charming. "we're going to have to limit it to one question."
[2009-06-08 00:29:24] * Gerald pulls out his phone, and starts recording.
[2009-06-08 00:29:29] * Sorts fumbles his cellphone open and records as well.
[2009-06-08 00:29:32] <Dumount> "Bright… will you be so kind?"
[2009-06-08 00:29:33] <Rath> "Who are we sending up?"
[2009-06-08 00:29:42] <pooryoric> "fuck… fuck fuck fuck! i'm sorry, light."
[2009-06-08 00:29:51] <bright> "Who else? Any of the rest of you immortal?"
[2009-06-08 00:30:00] <Imants> "I'm not.."
[2009-06-08 00:30:00] <Dumount> "I have a bomb in my chest"
[2009-06-08 00:30:02] <Doctor_Light> "Hey, you tried to get me to leave. Don't apologize."
[2009-06-08 00:30:03] <pooryoric> "me."
[2009-06-08 00:30:05] <Dumount> "I also would be willing"
[2009-06-08 00:30:06] <Heiden_DM> Everyone remaining as the studio audience /KNOWS/ something's up at this point. The door's been tried… the panic seems muted, though. Maybe an effect of the SCP… maybe they're just trying not to provoke anyone.
[2009-06-08 00:30:07] <Imants> "I've survived a lot though, apparently"
[2009-06-08 00:30:14] * DrSnorlison turns to Dumount and get close
[2009-06-08 00:30:15] <pooryoric> "i can't die."
[2009-06-08 00:30:16] <Dr_Magnus> "I can still die as far as I know."
[2009-06-08 00:30:17] <Doctor_Light> "I have a deadly microorganism," Sophia volunteers.
[2009-06-08 00:30:20] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount, cut that talk."
[2009-06-08 00:30:24] <DrSnorlison> "Everyone, cut that talk."
[2009-06-08 00:30:31] * pooryoric looks at bright.
[2009-06-08 00:30:32] <DrSnorlison> "We're…"
[2009-06-08 00:30:39] * DrSnorlison quiets down, looking around
[2009-06-08 00:30:39] * Gerald doesn't even try to volunteer.
[2009-06-08 00:30:42] <Dumount> "This is a full blown incident"
[2009-06-08 00:30:44] <DrSnorlison> "supposed to be professional."
[2009-06-08 00:30:48] <DrSnorlison> "Yes.
[2009-06-08 00:30:49] <DrSnorlison> "
[2009-06-08 00:30:49] <pooryoric> "fucked, snorl."
[2009-06-08 00:30:54] <DrSnorlison> "Our purpose is to contain."
[2009-06-08 00:30:57] <Dumount> "Any survivors will be fed enough amnesiactics to forget their first birthdat"
[2009-06-08 00:30:59] <DrSnorlison> "We can at least do that."
[2009-06-08 00:31:04] <Doctor_Light> "…Got it."
[2009-06-08 00:31:08] <DrSnorlison> "What about the people that left?"
[2009-06-08 00:31:08] <Dumount> "So, who goes up, me or bright?
[2009-06-08 00:31:12] * bright nods.
[2009-06-08 00:31:14] * Sorts hisses "full blown incident? Like someone walking up to strangers and telling them about a frikkin Ess Cee You Know What?"
[2009-06-08 00:31:15] <Dumount> "And do we try to… kill that thing?"
[2009-06-08 00:31:16] <DrSnorlison> "Do we take needless risks BECAUSE WE CAN?"
[2009-06-08 00:31:24] <Dr_Magnus> "No sir."
[2009-06-08 00:31:30] * pooryoric steps ttoward the stage.
[2009-06-08 00:31:32] <Dumount> "It was already a fullblown incident"
[2009-06-08 00:31:38] * Rath flips his coin… "The coin says Bright should go up there"
[2009-06-08 00:31:41] * Dumount grabs yoric, pushes him down
[2009-06-08 00:31:50] * Dumount starts towards the stage
[2009-06-08 00:31:52] <DrSnorlison> "We need to be focused on what we're doing."
[2009-06-08 00:31:53] <pooryoric> "dumount what the FUCK?"
[2009-06-08 00:31:54] <Gerald> "Bah. Just send Dr. Bright up."
[2009-06-08 00:31:54] * bright swings his cane around to block yoric
[2009-06-08 00:31:59] <Dumount> "You are not killing yourself on my watch"
[2009-06-08 00:32:07] <Dumount> "I'm a doctor, it's my job"
[2009-06-08 00:32:08] * Doctor_Light grabs Yoric and Dumount to the best pf her ability.
[2009-06-08 00:32:14] <Doctor_Light> *of
[2009-06-08 00:32:16] * DrSnorlison throws his hands up, his calm almost dispelled
[2009-06-08 00:32:21] <Gerald> "Dumount. Dr. Bright is immortal."
[2009-06-08 00:32:23] * pooryoric stops struggling imediately.
[2009-06-08 00:32:23] * DrSnorlison "This is why I don't do fieldwork…"
[2009-06-08 00:32:24] <Dr_Magnus> "Bright's the only one who should go up there, stop playing hero people. We're scientists, we know this stuff."
[2009-06-08 00:32:28] <Dumount> "Yes but Bright does not want to"
[2009-06-08 00:32:30] <Gerald> "He cannot die. You can."
[2009-06-08 00:32:38] <pooryoric> "i can't."
[2009-06-08 00:32:39] <Dumount> "I am willing to let him"
[2009-06-08 00:32:41] <Sorts> "Well quit pawin' each other already."
[2009-06-08 00:32:42] <bright> "When did i say i didn't want to?"
[2009-06-08 00:32:46] <Dumount> "I was mearly taking yoric's place…"
[2009-06-08 00:32:50] <Dumount> "You implied it ma'am"
[2009-06-08 00:32:53] * Gerald sighs.
[2009-06-08 00:32:58] <Dumount> "When you said 'who else can go'"
[2009-06-08 00:33:02] <Doctor_Light> "We're a bit beyond cats here, Yoric."
[2009-06-08 00:33:09] * Dumount waits
[2009-06-08 00:33:11] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount IT WAS A…"
[2009-06-08 00:33:22] <pooryoric> "dumount, if i can't kill you, i'm damn well not letting anyone else do it."
[2009-06-08 00:33:26] * DrSnorlison takes a moment, closes his eyes, look away from everyone
[2009-06-08 00:33:27] <bright> "Snorlison, objection to me going up there, considering this gentleman has a tendency to dispense SCPs?"
[2009-06-08 00:33:36] * DrSnorlison comes back with a calmer face
[2009-06-08 00:33:47] <DrSnorlison> "Bright, you're the obvious tactical choice."
[2009-06-08 00:33:52] * pooryoric looks at light. "again, you almost seem to care." he smiles.
[2009-06-08 00:33:53] <DrSnorlison> "I don't know why we're discussing this."
[2009-06-08 00:34:10] <Heiden_DM> The announcer gives an indulgent smile. "I know it's a tough choice, but we can't be recording forever, folks." He titters.
[2009-06-08 00:34:24] * bright nods, hands his cane to Light. "Take good care of it. Dumount fucks up, hit that button." And then walks up on stage.
[2009-06-08 00:34:29] <Doctor_Light> "You're buying me dinner. I can't lose you now," she says sarcastically.
[2009-06-08 00:34:36] <Doctor_Light> "Will do, Doctor Bright."
[2009-06-08 00:34:44] <Dumount> "Take a shot at the fucker while you're on stage….. please PLEASE be gentle with that button"
[2009-06-08 00:35:01] <pooryoric> "…huh. then i'd better make ure it's a damn good dinner."
[2009-06-08 00:35:24] <pooryoric> *sure
[2009-06-08 00:35:25] * Sorts whispers, "Guys, please, please, please remember not to do a big old ME ME ME I KNOW thing if you know the answer, okay?"
[2009-06-08 00:35:31] <Heiden_DM> The announcer says, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a contestant, on your latest episode of…"
[2009-06-08 00:35:33] * Doctor_Light waves her test tube around at Yoric. "Oh, you better."
[2009-06-08 00:35:34] <Heiden_DM> "CASH!"
[2009-06-08 00:35:36] <Heiden_DM> "OR!"
[2009-06-08 00:35:37] <Heiden_DM> "ASH!"
[2009-06-08 00:35:39] * Gerald mouths it with the MC
[2009-06-08 00:35:56] * Doctor_Light listens intently
[2009-06-08 00:36:10] * DrSnorlison turns to the table
[2009-06-08 00:36:12] <Heiden_DM> "So what's your name, missy? Got a great big group of smart friends, and you're the smartest one in the bunch if they sent you up here, no?"
[2009-06-08 00:36:28] <DrSnorlison> "Meanwhile, we need to figure out how he got out of the box, what that means, and what we should be about it…"
[2009-06-08 00:36:40] <bright> "I'm Anika. And yes, I am." She knows she is.
[2009-06-08 00:36:47] <Sorts> "The static, sir. Doctor. From the TVs."
[2009-06-08 00:36:54] <Gerald> "Er, sir? I don't think he got out."
[2009-06-08 00:36:58] * pooryoric is visibly worried. that may have never happened before.
[2009-06-08 00:37:17] <Gerald> "It's a show, it has to film somewhere."
[2009-06-08 00:37:25] * DrSnorlison smiles at Gerald
[2009-06-08 00:37:34] <DrSnorlison> "Does it now? That's exceptionally 3-dimensional thinking."
[2009-06-08 00:37:41] <DrSnorlison> "But, you may be right."
[2009-06-08 00:37:54] <DrSnorlison> "It still means we need to think how this changes thing."
[2009-06-08 00:37:59] <Heiden_DM> "A lovely name, Miss Anika. Now, it's one question, this time, I don't know if you've seen the show before. Are you ready?"
[2009-06-08 00:37:59] <Gerald> "It was recently renovated, correct?"
[2009-06-08 00:37:59] <Imants> "Sir"
[2009-06-08 00:38:06] <Imants> "If you'll excuse the interruption"
[2009-06-08 00:38:12] <Gerald> "Could've been a recording studio before."
[2009-06-08 00:38:14] <bright> "I'm ready."
[2009-06-08 00:38:14] * DrSnorlison turns to Imants
[2009-06-08 00:38:16] <DrSnorlison> "Yes?
[2009-06-08 00:38:18] <Imants> "Mayhap the problem is that we got into the box?"
[2009-06-08 00:38:18] <DrSnorlison> "
[2009-06-08 00:38:25] <DrSnorlison> "I had been considering that."
[2009-06-08 00:38:28] <Imants> "Perhaps*
[2009-06-08 00:38:30] * Doctor_Light looks at Snorlison, since she trusts him.
[2009-06-08 00:38:41] * pooryoric strts looking for cameras, lights, ANYTHING to show that this is not what it seems to be.
[2009-06-08 00:38:55] <DrSnorlison> "But, I haven't noticed any television cameras."
[2009-06-08 00:39:00] <DrSnorlison> "Doesn't mean they aren't there."
[2009-06-08 00:39:05] <Heiden_DM> Yoric sees no cameras. The TVs are all showing nothing but a soundless static.
[2009-06-08 00:39:07] <DrSnorlison> "But something to keep in mind."
[2009-06-08 00:39:09] <pooryoric> "there… there are no cameras."
[2009-06-08 00:39:15] <Imants> "Or that they're needed"
[2009-06-08 00:39:18] <Dumount> "I think we should kill it while we can"
[2009-06-08 00:39:22] <Imants> "SCP's do stranger things, apparently."
[2009-06-08 00:39:28] <Sorts> "We brought our own, I'm filming this now, guys."
[2009-06-08 00:39:39] <Heiden_DM> The announcer nods. "Very good. Here it is, for fabulous cash and prizes, the one question!"
[2009-06-08 00:39:47] * Heiden_DM flips a card over and begins reading from it.
[2009-06-08 00:39:53] * DrSnorlison looks at Sorts, a realization coming to him
[2009-06-08 00:39:55] * Dumount pulls out her medkit, looks for potentialy lethal medical supplies
[2009-06-08 00:39:56] <pooryoric> "dumount, we take one shot at this thing, i garuantee we burn for 'cheating'. don't test it."
[2009-06-08 00:40:07] <DrSnorlison> "Could it… that it's an exceptionally energizing hypothesis, Dr. Sorts."
[2009-06-08 00:40:22] <Sorts> "Heh, well, just following orders, Sir."
[2009-06-08 00:40:26] * pooryoric grabs dumount's arms. "light help me out herre!"
[2009-06-08 00:40:29] <DrSnorlison> "Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to test it."
[2009-06-08 00:40:29] * Rath sits on the edge of his seat nervously
[2009-06-08 00:40:45] * bright waits calmly
[2009-06-08 00:40:51] * Doctor_Light helps to restrain Dumount. "Stacy, stop that."
[2009-06-08 00:40:54] * Dumount continues digging "None of this would work"
[2009-06-08 00:41:02] <pooryoric> "wait… guys?"
[2009-06-08 00:41:10] <pooryoric> "bright WANTS to die."
[2009-06-08 00:41:11] <Dumount> "None of this… it's all worthless supplies… No weapons that could do it…
[2009-06-08 00:41:20] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount, please."
[2009-06-08 00:41:23] * Doctor_Light looks up.
[2009-06-08 00:41:25] <pooryoric> "he's NOT going to answer correctly."
[2009-06-08 00:41:27] * DrSnorlison he gets closer to Dumount
[2009-06-08 00:41:28] * Gerald records the recordings silently, still looking sick.
[2009-06-08 00:41:29] <Sorts> "It's too late to switch, Yoric."
[2009-06-08 00:41:31] <DrSnorlison> "Wait for the right moment."
[2009-06-08 00:41:34] * DrSnorlison leans back
[2009-06-08 00:41:42] * Doctor_Light nods. Then stops.
[2009-06-08 00:41:45] * Dumount nods back
[2009-06-08 00:41:56] <Heiden_DM> "This young man possesses a unique ability among humans to absorb injury. He… ah, oh my!" The announcer titters. "He is currently being held in a 'Sector 7', and is compelled to use his ability! Wow, that's a hell of a question. Well, for the win, miss Anika, what is this young man's name?"
[2009-06-08 00:41:58] <Dr_Magnus> "Of course he's not Yoric."
[2009-06-08 00:42:02] <Doctor_Light> "He may know it wouldn't kill him," she suggests.
[2009-06-08 00:42:08] <DrSnorlison> "Which is why Bright was the most tactically efficient choice, please."
[2009-06-08 00:42:18] <DrSnorlison> "And that's why we're here figuring out what to do next."
[2009-06-08 00:42:37] * bright goes pale, as the blood drains from his face. "You son of a bitch."
[2009-06-08 00:42:56] <Gerald> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:42:56] <pooryoric> "he'll try to get killed. and he won't…"
[2009-06-08 00:42:57] <Heiden_DM> The announcer keeps that big, fake, game-show-host grin on his face. "Forty-five seconds, miss Anika!"
[2009-06-08 00:42:58] <Gerald> "Goddammit."
[2009-06-08 00:43:03] * pooryoric blinks.
[2009-06-08 00:43:05] <Gerald> "That…bastard."
[2009-06-08 00:43:05] <DrSnorlison> "Yes yoric."
[2009-06-08 00:43:06] * Sorts watches Bright and the announcer intently, and even goes for a dramatic camera angle. Might as well do it right.
[2009-06-08 00:43:09] * pooryoric grins.
[2009-06-08 00:43:13] <Dr_Magnus> "I feel as though I'm not knowing something here."
[2009-06-08 00:43:19] <DrSnorlison> "Now the question is, does that obligate us to answering the question after him?"
[2009-06-08 00:43:19] <Gerald> "Damn good thing Bright went up."
[2009-06-08 00:43:47] <DrSnorlison> "Because 263 has switched off before after answering a question."
[2009-06-08 00:43:55] <DrSnorlison> "Direct interaction with 263-1 is new."
[2009-06-08 00:44:03] <DrSnorlison> "We're in uncharted territory."
[2009-06-08 00:44:05] * DrSnorlison smiles
[2009-06-08 00:44:11] <Sorts> "If someone has to go next, I will. And Gerald will stop filming."
[2009-06-08 00:44:15] <bright> "SCP-590 was once named… TJ."
[2009-06-08 00:44:25] <DrSnorlison> "Let's just hope we can figure it out."
[2009-06-08 00:44:33] * Doctor_Light feels in her pocket, pulls out a different test tube containing a bright blue liquid. "That's exciting."
[2009-06-08 00:44:45] <DrSnorlison> "Sorts has the right idea. Though I'm not sure we should based the decision on who should go next on "OOH ME ME."
[2009-06-08 00:44:56] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount, Light."
[2009-06-08 00:45:04] <Doctor_Light> "Yes?"
[2009-06-08 00:45:05] <Sorts> "No, it will go on me because I'm holding the camera… and this dude needs a camera, right?"
[2009-06-08 00:45:08] * Heiden_DM smiles indulgently. "You've got it, miss Anika, but I'm going to need the full name!"
[2009-06-08 00:45:10] <DrSnorlison> "I want to discuss options for weaponizing the… whatever you have."
[2009-06-08 00:45:12] <Rath> "Did he answer right?"
[2009-06-08 00:45:15] <Dumount> "Yes"
[2009-06-08 00:45:18] <Sorts> "I have a pretty good cell phone, in addition to video, I get text messages on it."
[2009-06-08 00:45:21] <Rath> "Oh god.."
[2009-06-08 00:45:23] * bright licks her lips. "TJ Bright."
[2009-06-08 00:45:23] * Dumount asks Snorlison"
[2009-06-08 00:45:25] <DrSnorlison> "We may be able to directly combat 263-1."
[2009-06-08 00:45:28] <Dr_Magnus> "Will everyone please be quiet, so we can find out if-"
[2009-06-08 00:45:36] * Dr_Magnus 's mouth hangs open.
[2009-06-08 00:45:38] <DrSnorlison> "Also, Light? If ends with everyone dying? Don't do it."
[2009-06-08 00:45:38] <Heiden_DM> A ringing bell sounds. "Very /good/, miss!"
[2009-06-08 00:45:39] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-08 00:45:39] * Doctor_Light slips it back in now that she knows she has it
[2009-06-08 00:45:39] * pooryoric hears the answer.
[2009-06-08 00:45:41] * Rath …
[2009-06-08 00:45:44] <Gerald> "Goddamn."
[2009-06-08 00:45:55] <pooryoric> "light, what was that?"
[2009-06-08 00:46:00] * DrSnorlison does not look surprised, but merely closes his eyes for a moment
[2009-06-08 00:46:04] * Dumount whips out her chosen weapon
[2009-06-08 00:46:16] * bright 's nails are digging into his fists, a slow dribble of blood dripping down them.
[2009-06-08 00:46:34] * pooryoric dives on dumount.
[2009-06-08 00:46:43] <pooryoric> "stop that shit."
[2009-06-08 00:46:44] * DrSnorlison looks at Gerald, Sorts, and Magnus
[2009-06-08 00:46:46] <Doctor_Light> "Well, it might end with everybody but me dying. But that's at the highest casualty count."
[2009-06-08 00:46:47] <Heiden_DM> "And what fabulous prizes do we have for you?"
[2009-06-08 00:46:53] <Dumount> "I'm awaiting snorlison's order"
[2009-06-08 00:46:53] <Gerald> "Yessir?"
[2009-06-08 00:46:59] <pooryoric> "stand down, dumount. that is a fucking order."
[2009-06-08 00:47:03] * Sorts is busy fiming the payoff.
[2009-06-08 00:47:09] <Dumount> "Dr. Snorlison outranks you"
[2009-06-08 00:47:12] <Sorts> filming*
[2009-06-08 00:47:13] <DrSnorlison> "Dumount, put it away."
[2009-06-08 00:47:18] <Dumount> "Yes sir"
[2009-06-08 00:47:22] <DrSnorlison> "I also ordered you to confer with Dr. Light."
[2009-06-08 00:47:24] * Dumount puts it away
[2009-06-08 00:47:28] <Heiden_DM> One of the waitresses comes up, a small, neatly carved box in her hands.
[2009-06-08 00:47:32] <Heiden_DM> She hands it to Bright.
[2009-06-08 00:47:37] * Gerald looks with interest.
[2009-06-08 00:47:41] * DrSnorlison turns to Magnus
[2009-06-08 00:47:42] <pooryoric> "thanks snorl. and light? can i get an antivirus? please?"
[2009-06-08 00:47:46] <Rath> "What do you think it is?"
[2009-06-08 00:47:54] <Dumount> "I do not mind dying, should it take this monstrocity out…"
[2009-06-08 00:47:56] * Dr_Magnus looks up at her, wide eyed. "That's her!"
[2009-06-08 00:48:08] <DrSnorlison> "Magnus…"
[2009-06-08 00:48:10] * bright takes the box in a bloody hand, and steps down from the stage, not looking at his fellow researchers.
[2009-06-08 00:48:10] <Sorts> "Steady, Magnus. Don't let them get to you."
[2009-06-08 00:48:15] <Doctor_Light> "I don't have one right now. Apologies."
[2009-06-08 00:48:19] <Dr_Magnus> "Doctor—"
[2009-06-08 00:48:23] <pooryoric> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:48:28] * Dr_Magnus holds himself steady, barely.
[2009-06-08 00:48:31] <Heiden_DM> "And that's the end of our show!"
[2009-06-08 00:48:31] * Sorts zooms on the box in Bright's hand, pans up to her face, and then back to the announcer.
[2009-06-08 00:48:32] <Imants> "We're fucked, aren't we."
[2009-06-08 00:48:39] * bright holds out his hand for his cane.
[2009-06-08 00:48:48] <pooryoric> "frequently, imants."
[2009-06-08 00:48:53] <DrSnorlison> "Sorts, Magnus, be discrete about it."
[2009-06-08 00:48:55] <Imants> "…."
[2009-06-08 00:48:55] * Dumount hands the cane to bright
[2009-06-08 00:49:05] * Dumount scrambles for it first of course
[2009-06-08 00:49:06] * Gerald continues recording.
[2009-06-08 00:49:10] <DrSnorlison> "But I'm giving you permission to find out where the wiatresses are coming from."
[2009-06-08 00:49:13] <Heiden_DM> A loud clattering announces the fall of the wooden boards across the door. You seem almost compelled to look at the source of the sound as people begin rushing out of the building.
[2009-06-08 00:49:18] <DrSnorlison> "…If you're up for it."
[2009-06-08 00:49:21] <Heiden_DM> If you look back… the announcer is gone.
[2009-06-08 00:49:29] * Gerald shuts his phone.
[2009-06-08 00:49:39] <Gerald> "Can we go, please?"
[2009-06-08 00:49:42] * DrSnorlison resists looking away, looking to the MC at the first moment of sound
[2009-06-08 00:49:42] <Imants> "I''m going to the kitchens."
[2009-06-08 00:49:47] * Dr_Magnus quickly rushes forward, trying to make his way to the backroom, without drawing too much attention to himself. "Thank you sir."
[2009-06-08 00:49:50] * DrSnorlison does flinch a little at the noise, however
[2009-06-08 00:49:57] * Sorts snaps his phone shut, and then walks towards Dr Bright and offers his phone over, since it had the recording and all.
[2009-06-08 00:49:57] * bright spins on the anouncer, Cane at the ready, crackling… and the guy is gone.
[2009-06-08 00:50:10] * Doctor_Light glances at Snorlison again, as she tends to when shit goes wierd.
[2009-06-08 00:50:12] <Rath> "lets get out of here man… game over man.."
[2009-06-08 00:50:32] <bright> "Sorts. Not now."
[2009-06-08 00:50:37] <Heiden_DM> If you manage to remain looking, you see the announcer step off the stage. As soon as he breaks line of sight to you, he is gone.
[2009-06-08 00:50:40] * pooryoric notices rath for the first time. "who the hell are you?"
[2009-06-08 00:50:41] * Imants thinks about it, pats his pockets, then decides he should leave.
[2009-06-08 00:50:46] <Sorts> "Understood. I'll erase it on your word, sir."
[2009-06-08 00:50:55] <Rath> "I have been here the whole time…"
[2009-06-08 00:51:21] <Gerald> "Can we go, now?"
[2009-06-08 00:51:21] * DrSnorlison watches the MC starts to leave. He realizes what this means, and starts walking after the announcer, trying not to lose eyeline
[2009-06-08 00:51:24] * bright heads for the door. "Dr. Snorlison. I'll see you later back at the Site."
[2009-06-08 00:51:26] * Dr_Magnus slams into the backroom door, yelling loudly. "GOD DAMNIT! ELENA!!!
[2009-06-08 00:51:27] * DrSnorlison breaks into a run
[2009-06-08 00:51:48] * Sorts pauses stupidly for a moment then follows Snorl and Magnus, late as always.
[2009-06-08 00:51:50] * Doctor_Light looks back up. Then she stands up, and looks where Snorlison is going.
[2009-06-08 00:51:51] <Gerald> "Er…"
[2009-06-08 00:51:56] * Dumount start cornering the other players and requesting that they rake "This little pill"
[2009-06-08 00:51:58] * Gerald isn't sure what to do.
[2009-06-08 00:52:01] * pooryoric starts at the sound of magnus yell.
[2009-06-08 00:52:03] <Dumount> Amnesiactis, specificaly
[2009-06-08 00:52:14] * pooryoric heads toward where he heard it come from.
[2009-06-08 00:52:22] * DrSnorlison stops
[2009-06-08 00:52:22] * Dr_Magnus pounds on the door as hard as he can, not being able to budge it, still yelling at the top of his lungs. "GIVE HER BACK DAMNIT! ELENA!!!!"
[2009-06-08 00:52:25] <Heiden_DM> The back door swings open… and the kitchen is empty.
[2009-06-08 00:52:26] * bright steps out the door. He glances down at his cane. He presses the 'Blow Dumount Up' button vehemently.
[2009-06-08 00:52:37] * Doctor_Light follows Yoric
[2009-06-08 00:52:38] * DrSnorlison hears how Dumount is randomly prescribing stuff, Magnus is yelling
[2009-06-08 00:52:40] * DrSnorlison sighs
[2009-06-08 00:52:42] * Dumount apperently explodes in a shower of gore
[2009-06-08 00:52:43] <bright> Sadly, it doesn't work.
[2009-06-08 00:52:45] * Iceberg and his date leave with the other people, him explaining to her the general premise of what the fuck just happened.
[2009-06-08 00:52:46] <DrSnorlison> "God damn stupid people."
[2009-06-08 00:52:47] * Dr_Magnus falls to his knees, tears welling up in his eyes, and whispers. "No…"
[2009-06-08 00:52:50] * pooryoric catches up to magnus.
[2009-06-08 00:52:55] * Imants walks out of the building, and gets into his ASTON MARTIN
[2009-06-08 00:52:56] <Sorts> "Magnus, man, Magnus, it wasn't real!"
[2009-06-08 00:52:59] * DrSnorlison turns back to manage his de facto team
[2009-06-08 00:53:07] <Imants> "Hey Yoric, Light, Need a ride back?"
[2009-06-08 00:53:07] <bright> Too much intereference from the other things built into his cane.
[2009-06-08 00:53:12] * Gerald decides to leave the building.
[2009-06-08 00:53:18] * Rath leaves the building as well
[2009-06-08 00:53:19] * Gerald steps out.
[2009-06-08 00:53:20] * Dumount then doesn not notice
[2009-06-08 00:53:28] <Doctor_Light> "…Sure."
[2009-06-08 00:53:30] * pooryoric grabs the man and pulls him to his feet, thinks for a moment, then slaps him hard in the face. "MICHEAL."
[2009-06-08 00:53:32] * Dumount steps out finaly
[2009-06-08 00:53:35] <Heiden_DM> The sign is gone, it just looks like an old, run-down building.
[2009-06-08 00:53:41] <Gerald> "…."
[2009-06-08 00:53:42] <Dumount> "I force fed the veiwers amnesiactics"
[2009-06-08 00:53:44] <bright> But he does hit it a couple more times just for the good feeling it gives him.
[2009-06-08 00:53:57] <Rath> "The whole thing was an illusion…"
[2009-06-08 00:54:02] <Gerald> "Goddamn."
[2009-06-08 00:54:05] * Dr_Magnus stands up, shaking, staring at Yoric. "She…was there…it was her…"
[2009-06-08 00:54:06] <pooryoric> "it was an illusion designed to distract us."
[2009-06-08 00:54:15] <DrSnorlison> "yoric may very well be right."
[2009-06-08 00:54:16] <Rath> "But from what?"
[2009-06-08 00:54:22] <DrSnorlison> "Bright is on his way back to the Site."
[2009-06-08 00:54:29] <pooryoric> "that was NOT your daughter. it was a trick designed to remove you from the game."
[2009-06-08 00:54:30] <Sorts> "An honest illusion. I can't believe I finally saw one! My mind's finally be broken."
[2009-06-08 00:54:33] <Dumount> "Bright… is that button a fake?"
[2009-06-08 00:54:34] <Doctor_Light> "…"
[2009-06-08 00:54:35] * bright gets outside. Is there anyone else out there?
[2009-06-08 00:54:40] <Dumount> "You're pounding on it rather hard"
[2009-06-08 00:54:48] <Sorts> "Yoric's right, Magnus. It was a trick. A bad one, but a trick."
[2009-06-08 00:54:51] <Gerald> "Er, Dr. Bright? Dr. Snorlison?"
[2009-06-08 00:54:57] <Rath> "My car is across the street, shall we head back?"
[2009-06-08 00:54:57] <DrSnorlison> "All right, scientists currently tasked with duties including memetic effects, or extradimensional outpocket, stay here."
[2009-06-08 00:55:00] * Imants revves the engine
[2009-06-08 00:55:04] * Dr_Magnus leans against the wall, sliding down, till he's sitting, sobbing quietly. "it's…not fair…"
[2009-06-08 00:55:07] <Imants> "Yoric!"
[2009-06-08 00:55:07] * pooryoric pulls magnus in for a hug. "i'm sorry."
[2009-06-08 00:55:08] * Doctor_Light has no idea what the fuck is happening
[2009-06-08 00:55:09] <Sorts> "Yes sir…"
[2009-06-08 00:55:11] <Gerald> "Er, would that include me?"
[2009-06-08 00:55:12] <Imants> "Are you coming?"
[2009-06-08 00:55:14] * Dumount looks at bright "I fed them amnesiactics as is procedure"
[2009-06-08 00:55:15] <DrSnorlison> "Everyone else, if you're an agent, get back to the site."
[2009-06-08 00:55:32] <pooryoric> "light, go with imants. magnus… come with us."
[2009-06-08 00:55:34] <DrSnorlison> "Everyone else not corresponding to those two descriptions…"
[2009-06-08 00:55:42] <Rath> "Where should I go?"
[2009-06-08 00:55:43] <DrSnorlison> "If you've got skills to help, stay here."
[2009-06-08 00:55:45] * Dr_Magnus follows Yoric, still oblivious to his surroundings.
[2009-06-08 00:55:45] * bright is outside Dumount, you know, where you can't see him? Reading comprehension?
[2009-06-08 00:55:56] * Gerald decides to stay.
[2009-06-08 00:56:01] <DrSnorlison> "Otherwise, go where you find it appropriate."
[2009-06-08 00:56:05] * pooryoric leads magnus and light to where imants is waiting.
[2009-06-08 00:56:19] * Imants opens the door to the car.
[2009-06-08 00:56:27] * Doctor_Light has no idea what the fuck is going on, so she leaves with the rest.
[2009-06-08 00:57:12] * pooryoric spends the ride back to site 19 alternately trying to comfort magnus and explain to light what happened.
[2009-06-08 00:57:17] * Rath gets in the car "Anyone coming back to the Site come with me"
[2009-06-08 00:57:18] * Iceberg leaves in his own car. He's got a date to finish. Also, he needs to work on uploading the video he got to his computer. Gold mine.
[2009-06-08 00:57:30] * Imants is not a very good driver.
[2009-06-08 00:57:30] * Dr_Magnus gets into the car, looking out the window, not really looking anywhere.
[2009-06-08 00:57:38] <Sorts> "I gotta stay, Rath. I'll ride back with Doctor Snorlison."
[2009-06-08 00:57:48] * bright drives off. At some point, where there are no witnesses, anyone on the road back after him might notice a rather large purple lightning bolt arching skyward. Bright is burning off steam.
[2009-06-08 00:57:49] <Heiden_DM> The crowd's mostly dispersed by now. The powerful amnesiacs will likely cause a few fatalities as people forget how to drive, but some of them'll be okay. They'll just drive aimlessly for a few hours until they realize they don't know what or where home is.
[2009-06-08 00:57:50] <Gerald> "Er, I'm staying, I guess."
[2009-06-08 00:57:56] <Rath> "Well at least my driving isnt the worst thing you experienced tonight"
[2009-06-08 00:58:10] <pooryoric> "magnus. i have a… feeling that you're not the only one who saw someone you knew."
[2009-06-08 00:58:10] <Sorts> "Heh, it wasn't so bad."
[2009-06-08 00:58:10] * DrSnorlison is a little disappointed Magnus left, but he can understand why
[2009-06-08 00:58:11] * Dumount calls in a cleanup team
[2009-06-08 00:58:17] <Dumount> In an effort to reduce casualties
[2009-06-08 00:58:18] <Sorts> "The event, that is, your driving is ASS!"
[2009-06-08 00:58:25] <Dr_Magnus> [I was dragged away, I could still come back, I havne't left yet.]
[2009-06-08 00:58:27] * Gerald looks a bit pale, but he stays.
[2009-06-08 00:58:29] * Sorts grins sheepishly.
[2009-06-08 00:58:30] * Dumount also sabatoges the cars that were not foundation cars
[2009-06-08 00:58:40] <Dumount> In an effort to reduce casualyies
[2009-06-08 00:58:43] * Doctor_Light kind of understands now.
[2009-06-08 00:58:50] <Heiden_DM> Unfortunately, they're ALREADY GONE.
[2009-06-08 00:58:50] * Dumount rolls for the sabatoge
[2009-06-08 00:58:52] <Heiden_DM> So that doesn't happen.
[2009-06-08 00:59:02] <Sorts> wow that Dumount is like everywhere at once isn't he she.
[2009-06-08 00:59:37] * Dr_Magnus slips out of the car, and walks back towards the tavern, leaning against the door frame. He seems DrSnorlison, and asks him. "Did you know?"
[2009-06-08 00:59:45] * Rath heads back to the site with whoever is riding with him
[2009-06-08 00:59:47] * DrSnorlison turns to Magnus
[2009-06-08 00:59:57] * Sorts sticks around to mess with the memetics.
[2009-06-08 01:00:03] <DrSnorlison> "Did I know what, Dr. Magnus?"
[2009-06-08 01:00:16] <DrSnorlison> "I don't know if those things were your daughter, Magnus."
[2009-06-08 01:00:19] * Doctor_Light immediatly follows Magnus out, but doesn't go any farther then that, just watches from the car
[2009-06-08 01:00:21] <DrSnorlison> "I don't think so, though."
[2009-06-08 01:00:31] <DrSnorlison> "There's a chance they were… something else."
[2009-06-08 01:00:40] <Dr_Magnus> "She dissapeared years ago…I figured she just ran away…"
[2009-06-08 01:00:41] * pooryoric sits on the trunk of the car and watches with concern.
[2009-06-08 01:00:54] <DrSnorlison> "A preternatural effect that made us think of everyman."
[2009-06-08 01:00:59] * Dr_Magnus looks back towards the kitchen. "We never found her…"
[2009-06-08 01:01:06] <DrSnorlison> "But, in your case, it made you think of your daughter."
[2009-06-08 01:01:06] <Sorts> "I think you said that she died, Magnus?"
[2009-06-08 01:01:16] <Gerald> "Er, Dr. Snorlison?"
[2009-06-08 01:01:17] <Sorts> thought*
[2009-06-08 01:01:19] * DrSnorlison rests a light hand on Magnus's shoulder
[2009-06-08 01:01:20] <Dr_Magnus> "I had her presumed dead. We had a funeral…"
[2009-06-08 01:01:50] =-= Heiden_DM is now known as Heiden
[2009-06-08 01:01:52] <pooryoric> "light… there's absolutely nothing we can do to help, is there?"
[2009-06-08 01:01:58] <Sorts> "I don't think she was here, it was just as Yoric said… it was a way to take you out of the game. Or maybe just a side effect."
[2009-06-08 01:02:10] <DrSnorlison> "Magnus, I don't think your daughter was here. I don't think she has been pressed into serving that… thing."
[2009-06-08 01:02:25] * Doctor_Light is watching and shakes her head. "I'm no people person, but I don't think so."
[2009-06-08 01:02:33] <Sorts> "Besides, doesn't that guy usually operate from a TV set? Does he have … servants? Or need them?"
[2009-06-08 01:02:58] <pooryoric> "right… come on, then. magnus… needs to stay here for a while, i think."
[2009-06-08 01:02:59] * Dr_Magnus composes himself, taking a deep breath. "Of course sir. Forgive my lack of discipline."
[2009-06-08 01:03:02] <Gerald> "Who was it who said we probably walked into the box?"
[2009-06-08 01:03:10] <DrSnorlison> "No, no."
[2009-06-08 01:03:13] <Sorts> "You, dude."
[2009-06-08 01:03:17] * pooryoric climbs back into the car. "imants?"
[2009-06-08 01:03:21] <DrSnorlison> "Imants suggested it."
[2009-06-08 01:03:27] <DrSnorlison> "I had been considering it."
[2009-06-08 01:03:30] <Sorts> "Oh, right."
[2009-06-08 01:03:31] <Imants> "Does this happen often?"
[2009-06-08 01:03:34] <Gerald> "Right, that seems most likely, if you ask me."
[2009-06-08 01:03:41] <DrSnorlison> "We may not be dealing with an illusory phenomena at all."
[2009-06-08 01:03:45] <pooryoric> "god i hope not. lets go, dude."
[2009-06-08 01:03:51] <DrSnorlison> "But… such an event might leave traces."
[2009-06-08 01:03:59] <DrSnorlison> "Which means samples! Data!"
[2009-06-08 01:04:05] <Imants> "Aright, good. You guys almost had me worried."
[2009-06-08 01:04:07] <Sorts> "No, there were other events besides the announcer. There was… the first MC. He was not normal. The announcer we know may only be one aspect of a larger whole."
[2009-06-08 01:04:13] <DrSnorlison> "Something we can really sink our teeth into."
[2009-06-08 01:04:14] * Imants starts the car. "You coming Light?"
[2009-06-08 01:04:17] <Gerald> "Are there camera's in 263's containment unit?"
[2009-06-08 01:04:27] * Doctor_Light climbs back in. "I suppose so."
[2009-06-08 01:04:35] <Imants> "Alright, lets go."
[2009-06-08 01:04:43] * Imants pulls out of the parking lot.
[2009-06-08 01:04:45] <DrSnorlison> "Yes, there are cameras trained on 263."
[2009-06-08 01:04:55] <Gerald> "We should check them."
[2009-06-08 01:04:58] <Sorts> "…And the other TVs in the room were acting oddly…"
[2009-06-08 01:05:02] <DrSnorlison> "Indeed!"
[2009-06-08 01:05:08] * pooryoric leans back and exhales, one long, low breath. "i've… never been afraid like that before."
[2009-06-08 01:05:13] <Sorts> "Oh, right, see what was on the tube while we were here."
[2009-06-08 01:05:13] * DrSnorlison searches his coat for a phone
[2009-06-08 01:05:20] * DrSnorlison realizes it's missing
[2009-06-08 01:05:25] * DrSnorlison sighs
[2009-06-08 01:05:25] * Gerald holds up his phone.
[2009-06-08 01:05:33] <Gerald> "I have the whole thing recorded."
[2009-06-08 01:05:40] <Imants> "Holy mother of fuck, that was scary."
[2009-06-08 01:05:45] <DrSnorlison> "Someone call the Foundation, and get a Ectoplasmic and uh… Ectotropic field team here.
[2009-06-08 01:05:48] * Sorts does not offer his. It's for Bright. The announcer had been personal.
[2009-06-08 01:05:52] * Doctor_Light nods and just keeps nodding.
[2009-06-08 01:05:55] <DrSnorlison> "Make sure it's still recorded too, Gerald.
[2009-06-08 01:06:05] * Gerald checks his phone.
[2009-06-08 01:06:17] <Dr_Magnus> "Doctor Snorlison. As much as the facts point otherwise…she was here. I'll give you a full report on what I know about her dissapearence."
[2009-06-08 01:06:31] * Sorts looks at Magnus worriedly.
[2009-06-08 01:06:56] * Dr_Magnus walks out to his Motorcycle parked outside, and puts his helmet and jacket on. "Permission to return to the site, sir?"
[2009-06-08 01:07:11] * Doctor_Light stares out the window, then back into the car. Can't think of anything to say.
[2009-06-08 01:07:28] <DrSnorlison> "All right Magnus."
[2009-06-08 01:07:32] <Dr_Magnus> "Thank you."
[2009-06-08 01:07:37] <DrSnorlison> "We'll see what we can do."
[2009-06-08 01:07:55] * Dr_Magnus starts the engine, and heads back to site19.
[2009-06-08 01:08:20] <Sorts> "This thing really got to him. I didn't want to say it, but what if that was his daughter?"
[2009-06-08 01:09:11] <DrSnorlison> "I will admit, I was considering such a possibility, Sorts."
[2009-06-08 01:09:28] <DrSnorlison> "My thoughts on that may depend on his report.
[2009-06-08 01:09:46] <Sorts> "If she still exists, we might be able to steal her back. But I don't want to give him false hope, he'll become obsessed."
[2009-06-08 01:10:01] <Gerald> "Dr. Snorlison? It works. I have it all recorded."
[2009-06-08 01:10:10] <DrSnorlison> "Good good."
[2009-06-08 01:11:29] <Gerald> "So, are we going back to the site, then?
[2009-06-08 01:11:31] <Gerald> "
[2009-06-08 01:12:10] <Sorts> "We totally got cheated out of a party."
[2009-06-08 01:12:19] <Sorts> "And I needed a party."
[2009-06-08 01:12:24] <Gerald> "Eh, I still prefer the Jabberloop."
[2009-06-08 01:12:26] <Sorts> "So if you will excuse me, gentlemen."
[2009-06-08 01:12:42] * Sorts pulls out a party whistle from one pocket and toots on it anticlimactically.
[2009-06-08 01:12:47] * DrSnorlison looks at the doctors, quietly
[2009-06-08 01:12:53] <Sorts> "I'm done now."
[2009-06-08 01:12:58] <DrSnorlison> "Yes, yes, you should have the night out."
[2009-06-08 01:13:19] <DrSnorlison> "Go, go, but I expect a report on our experiences submitted to me by 5:00 pm tomorrow."
[2009-06-08 01:13:20] <Sorts> "Wait, really?"
[2009-06-08 01:13:41] <Sorts> "Is, uh, okay. Sure."
[2009-06-08 01:13:46] <DrSnorlison> "Yes, we go to get it out while it's still fresh!"
[2009-06-08 01:13:48] <Gerald> "Thanks, sir."
[2009-06-08 01:13:51] * Sorts promises himself that it won't be 5:15 THIS time.
[2009-06-08 01:14:15] <Sorts> "Yes, thanks, Doctor! I have some calls to make."
[2009-06-08 01:14:44] <Gerald> "I'm heading over to the Jabberloop. No crazy SCP game shows there. Just a nice, relaxed atmosphere."
[2009-06-08 01:14:54] <Gerald> "And some pretty waitresses."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License