Just some random advice, as it's thought of.
- Keep in mind that this is consentual roleplay. If you do not wish to get involved in a plot, no one forces you to. If you would prefer something NOT happen to your character, please talk to the person doing it out of character, via the fun PM tool.
- COMMUNICATE! For the love of god, there is very little more important then communication. If you don't like how a scene is going, if you do like, what ever, talk to your fellow roleplayers.
- That being said: In Character Actions have In Character Consequences. If Kondraki asks your character to do something, and you tell him to go fuck himself, then you shouldn't then PM Kondraki to say "Yeah, about this whole getting shot in the balls several times thing, I'd rather not." But feel free to PM Kondraki BEFORE responding IC to tell him you rather wouldn't get involved.
- There are other people playing. This should be an obivous one, but: we all want our own turns in the spotlight. Forcing attention onto your own character gets old, real quick.
- If people are ignoring the things you do or say, you should probably drop it.
- Don't godmod. For those not familiar with with the term, it means making people do things, or automatically doing something. For example, instead of "Jake stops John from moving," use "Jake swings his cane in front of John, in an attempt to stop him from moving."
- On that note: Don't tell people they've done things they haven't. It's a lot better to ask them about it in a PM, then to say it happened, then have the character deny the events entirely. It makes you look like a jackass.
- DO NOT FORCE YOURSELF INTO PLOT WHERE YOU'RE NOT WELCOME. Some plots are open to all comers, some are a lot smaller, please don't try and force yourself in.
- THEME: The theme is horror, and humans fighting against horror. Not superpowers, or cool things, but how people react to the horror of these supernatural things.
More to come, I'm sure.
page revision: 2, last edited: 04 Jul 2009 05:46